Forums are back in action! ×

Another new recruit

Hi,

I have been reading the main blog for a few months now, spent a couple of days exploring the forum, and now seems as good a time as any to jump in.

I have always been small and skinny, always the agile one, used to be quick and zippy but those days are gone. Backpacked my late teens, started running in my early 20's which culminated in a 6hr frozenass run atop Montreal's Mont Royal where I completed 50km and couldn't walk for a week.

I dreamed of becoming an ultrarunner but a mixture of ITB issues, lack of will/discipline and kids put an end to that.

I am now 31(5'5"/120lb) and for the past 4 years I have become a farmer/homesteader, and for the past two years we have worked as live-in caretakers of a vacation ranch. So my regular day can have everything from lugging feed bags, cutting/splitting wood, raking, push-mowing, cleaning, etc.

So I am generally fit, but I can barely run 2km without a break or complete more than one set of pullups. In my head I am Erwan Lecorre of Movnat. The reality is that I spend my evenings with chips, my wife, beer and Netflix. I usually try to climb back on the exercise wagon every few weeks and promptly fall right off again when life gets in the way. Hopefully, this forum can be the real kick I need. After all, there is a private lake yet I don't swim, there is a forest that I barely enter. Fingers crossed that all changes now :)

Wood Elf Waywatcher | Level 0
Strength: 0 | Dexterity: 0 | Stamina: 0 | Constitution: 0 | Wisdom: 0 | Charisma: 0

Intro | Lv1 Challenge | My walk to Mordor... And back again tracker | The road to Rivendell began 01/01/15. 32km completed, 701km to go!

Go for it! Be what you have always dreamed and do what you want! Get support from the family you support and from us who give it gladly!

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Thanks! That's the plan, just gotta stick to it now.

Guess I better start planning my challenges and story arc too :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Strength: 0 | Dexterity: 0 | Stamina: 0 | Constitution: 0 | Wisdom: 0 | Charisma: 0

Intro | Lv1 Challenge | My walk to Mordor... And back again tracker | The road to Rivendell began 01/01/15. 32km completed, 701km to go!

oh - i think yer my doppleganger.

or I am yours

I came on here to write something close to your piece but you ust said it better. so now i must go reconsider... :rolleyes-new:

how old are your kids - could you include them inorder to get yourself out?

And have you thought about cancelling netflix, or even the tv altogether, if that would help?

I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits.
-  Bernard Moitessier

Weighty weight loss {goal= 25 lbs total} start 147lbs. Today=147lbs

0%
0%

YAYOG 10 week

0%
0%

:D

We do not own a tv, just Netflix on an ipad. And we usually don't start watching anything until at 7:30. I don't resent that part of the day, I just wish that at the moment I sit down I could feel good about the day that came before it.

My kids just turned 8. I know they could somewhat help me to get out, but they bicker so bloody much it stops being fun to be around them, unless I put my shouty head on and then they stop having fun too. I really think having a challenge/story arc is going to be a big help for me. I hope... :/