Forums are back in action! ×

I have a problem with capacity versus functionality. To start, I'm built like like a football player (235lbs./ 39-40W around 45 Chest), and I've been working out for the last few months trying out new things to see whats best for me when it comes to weight loss. I recently tried lifting at the gym and my squat max was 305lbs, and this is great but I'm not trying to get any bigger. Should I just drop the iron and serious strength training for right now and do more endurance workouts or is there away to keep the strength I have while losing weight? Also, if anyone does crossfit or any form of a functional workout, how many workouts is too many? Yesterday I did 20 min on a bike, 10 RFT 5 crunches and 5 push-ups, and a ladder of inclined sit-ups and 25lbs. dumbbell chest presses (1 on minute 1, 2 on minute 2,....10 on minute 10) and I feel fine today. Do I need to do more reps or is this enough?

Name: Evan "Saxman" Simmons

Race: Level 1 Half-Orc

Class: Adventurer

“If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.†― John Cage