Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all!

I've been reading and following this website and community for a short amount of time now, but I've fallen in love with the atmosphere here. My name is Ryan Kluck. And yes, Kluck as in the noises the chickens make in the Zelda series when you attack them too much! Before I get in depth with my fitness goals, me personally- I live right above Atlanta, GA. My favorite villains are Bowser and retro Shredder from TMNT, so much that I have a gym shirt with Shredder on it, my favorite video game hero is Samus, and I literally have some of the Dragonball Z soundtrack on my iPod for my workout music. My fiction hero is Rocky Balboa. In fact, those movies got me into fitness and health because I want to be like that man so much! And still do.
Anywho, I once weighed nearly 300 lbs in April 2011. I have/had a heart problem ever since I was born, eliminating my cardiovascular condition even more so than normal while losing weight. I also have scoliosis and kyphosis- curved and hunched spine, rendering me helpless to many things. Including heavy lifting.

I've lost the weight, gained it back again in the form of fat when I tried to build muscle the first time, lost the fat AGAIN, became skinny fat due to no weight-training, and now I have honed in on diet and nutrition to help me rebuild myself first then to pursue a bodybuilding hobby and career. And yes, I have lost weight, gained it back, and lost it again. Twice! Never again! haha. I currently weigh in at 172 lbs. I have fallen in love with how food has super powers regarding healing and rebuilding the human body and it's functions. That passion and love and expertise for it has helped me carve a career in the field of nutrition, as well as help propel my personal love with building a physique. The idea is to help inspire others and to show people that we are all capable.

The first weight-lose journey.

post-34709-0-24268500-1419549905_thumb.j

Gained a little too much weight again, and then became skinny fat while correcting it.

post-34709-0-89508100-1419550315_thumb.j
post-34709-0-83450200-1419550542_thumb.j

Current me as of 2 weeks ago!! This picture is after only 8 months of serious weight-training and strict diet since I became skinny fat. I took a picture of my back for 2 reasons- remember that Kyphosis and Scoliosis I mentioned, and how I love food for it's healing properties? 

post-34709-0-62891200-1419550565_thumb.j

This first 8 months has been about me perfecting diet in finding what works for me and what doesn't, and strict training form form. Because of that strict form, my spine began to heal already and I am now capable of handling heavy lifting. In fact, my back is now my strongest aspect. Started off with a 95 lb deadlift with crap form. My goal before 2014 ends was to hit a 300 lb with perfect form. I currently stand at a 285 lb deadlift and next week I attempt it.  :)

I read an interview and an article about Staci in this community, and what Staci did is what my original intention is to do when I first began my first journey years ago. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ 

She's a real living hero to me. And that is who I want to be for someone else one day!