Forums are back in action! ×

It has been a while....

Hi everyone,

It has been probably close to a year since I've posted or even logged in. I started out really well last January with the paleo diet and bodyweight workouts. I think I fell out of those good habits sometime in March or April. I'm typing this more so that I can see my thoughts and be honest with myself but having you guys read this might help. I don't know exactly what stopped me. It probably had something to do with lots of stress and work to do for college.

I'm now heavier than I've ever been before. I used to be a great athlete in high school at 210 lbs (I'm a big guy in general, had lots of muscle back then). Now I'm fat and lazy. I can't drag myself to the gym out of pure fear of being judged. We all know some people judge the hell out of fat people in the gym. I am more insecure than ever. I want to feel good again. I want to be strong again. I want to be healthy again. But I'm falling into a pattern of short term success and long term failure. I NEED to do something. I need to fix this. But I don't know how. Even though I have all the knowledge I need to succeed, I just feel lost. I know that regular workouts make me feel good but for some reason I need to feel good to workout. Does this make sense?

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris