Forums are back in action! ×

Rebuilding from catastrophic failure

Well, it has been an unfun 2014 for me. Muscle tears, old injuries resurfacing, stomach ulcers, bacterial bronchitis,  The stress and injuires are notable, not for being caused by gym work, or bouncing, but my main job, which is in a lab. So, rather than lament on the problems, I shall list the things I have done which have helped to any degree with keeping the train wreck-a-rolling.

Food. I find that, when stressed, my stomach gives up entirely. Food is simply not going in. This is probably largely psychosamatic from the stomach ulcers mind. It is damn hard to make them gains when you can barely rock 200 kcal a day. My current solution to this? Pulled chicken. Seriously, slightly overcooked fried chicken covered in sauce. Leave the skin on when you cook it, and just nibble at it. It is not going to fix the problem, but theres at least something going in. That is not to say you should start throwing it in if you have ulceration, but it can help if the 'stressed so no eat' shows up in the after math.

Gippy joints: My knees are now pretty controlled. I have reduced the flare ups considerably. The left one still struggles alot, but it is better. This has largely been caused by keeping the entire leg warm. Standard knee bandages were good and all, but the second the cold got in? Things went south. If extra layers were added, the flare ups reduce quite massively in terms of frequency.

Stress: The bombay bad boy of alot of my problems this year. Stress does a body bad. It also seems to be pretty much confirmed it lowers testosterone, which makes it a double bad really. Valarian root was a god send for lack of sleep. Energy drinks for the daytime stresses probably not so much. I am unsure if anything could really have been done here, it was only recently I was able to leave the main job and go full bore into bouncing and security  Guess all that can be said here is hang in there and keep trying to get out of it?

Good points of this year? New job, health has gone from perma-ill to recovery, and weight has swung back up from 69kgs at worst, to a stableish 75kgs. So, heres to a better new year, fingers crossed. :D

On a lighter note:

Level 0

Race: Human or J.Stanton style Gnoll (decide on that later)

STR: 0 DEX: 0  STA: 0  CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Battle Log

Challenge 1 Start: 14/04/14