Forums are back in action! ×

Health & Fitness Apps

Does anyone here use health and fitness apps? If so, which ones and what are your opinions about them? I just downloaded TwoGrand so that I can have a visual food journal. Any other TwoGrand users? I'm up for following you and becoming accountability partners. 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

I've used and tried out quite a few different apps, but haven't heard of TwoGrand. I might have to look into it.

Myfitnesspal is great for logging meals and tracking weight calories and macro-nutrients.

Zombies, Run! is a great story based running app that gives the perfect mix of motivation and entertainment while out on jog.

Nike+ Running seems to be a pretty well designed run tracker.

Strava is great for logging bike rides.

You Are Your Own Gym is a neat little app that comes with demonstrations of various body weight exercises and also has a few full workout programs as well.

Level 5 Changeling Ranger

STR:13 | DEX:14  | STA:14  | CON: | WIS:10 | CHA:5

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal."

Current Challenge | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Fitocracy- allows me track workouts, and get both points and badges in the process! Gamifying workouts for the win!

Stronglifts - Since I'm following the basic StrongLiftsweightlifting routine, this helps me keep track of it, measure my rest periods, know when to deload, etc. Love this.

MyFitnessPal - I've used this to track my food - ended up being one of the better apps for this, and I like it's ability to connect to other apps - but didn't like it changing my calories for the day based on exercise.

BHF Tracker - I don't really actually use this, but if you want to keep track of your measurements, this was one of the better apps I saw based on the data available in the Google Play store.

RunKeeper - Used this when I was running, and I enjoy all the data you can get from this! It'll show you where you ran, how fast you ran it during which parts, etc.

Fitbit - Obviously only works if you have the equipment too, but in the five days I've had mine, I've enjoyed getting the data from it, mostly sleep and steps.

LoseIt - Used this before I got MyFitnessPal, and was totally fine with it, only ever switched over because of the app integration

Accupedo - This is actually what prompted me to get a Fitbit, as I had been tracking my steps for the last year or so using this app, and loved watching my step count.

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501