Forums are back in action! ×

Intro 2: Electric Boogaloo

Oh, you clicked on it. 

And now you're reading it, too. That's good. 

If you're going to have my voice in your head, I suppose I should introduce it/myself.

I'm JesseNeon, and I first attempted to join this site back in November of 2013. I thought it looked fun and quirky, and with all the Star Wars jokes it obviously appealed to my inner nerd. I made an intro post, and a list of wizardly goals, but that was about it. Way to commit to something, am I right?

This time, it's going to be different. It's going to be bigger, bolder, and with more explosions and realistic kung-fu action, and over 20 points of articulation. Or maybe it'll have none of that stuff, but it will still be different, because I'm going to actually commit to finishing things I set out to start instead of just starting them and leaving them ha-

-lf finished. 

Had you going for a minute there, didn't I? But in all seriousness, that's my only real goal of 2015 - to finish what I start, and to start what needs to be finished. 

It sounds a little confusing perhaps - How can I tell what needs to be finished before it gets started? I'm not quite sure. That's something I'm going to have to learn and add to my wizardly knowledge base. 

See, I spent all of 2014 trying to learn and do all these great things - including but not limited to designing my own tabletop game, starting a specialty architecture company, and attempting to build and learn all kinds of things.

You know what I learned?

I learned that we're all capable of doing anything. Anything! 

It just takes a special kind of motivation to actually get around to putting all the work in that needs to be done in order to perfect something. in 2014, I built a MAME cabinet over a weekend (And subsequently destroyed it), I built a solar powered heater over a week (And never got around to learning how to install solar cells), and all kinds of other goobledeegookery that would have been great accomplishments if they had be done correctly.

Like, y'know, a diet. Or a workout routine. Or, yes, a MAME cabinet.

So.

Here we are. The end of Intro 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I'd like to take this time to invite you to join my fictional council of wizards, which will basically consist of a bunch of nerds online who help push each other to success in the real world.

After all, a catalyst is by definition an outside force.