Forums are back in action! ×

NextChapter chooses how 2015 will be!

I was last active in late 2013. I was stuggling but encouraged and making progress until I had a small stroke. Fortunately, I have no after-effects. What it did to my motivation was tragic; with all these meds and doctor's visits (and medical bills), I felt thoroughly defeated.

I feel like I floated without direction through 2014. Work became stressful, and my ex-husband moved into town throwing the family into disarray, until he collapsed and died at work of heart failure. He was 56. I don't want my children and grandchildren losing me anytime soon.

It has taken me until now to re-assemble my feeble armaments and prepare for the battle again. Today I'm excited and eager for the January challenge to begin, but I have so very far to go that the journey ahead seems discouraging. But my motivator today is that I'm DONE drifting in the current. Today I, ONLY ME, will choose the direction of my life and my health. Even, and especially, one small step at a time.

Progress is made by simply taking one more step.

I am sorry for all of your hardships as of recent.

But you sound confident that you're ready for what's up ahead. And don't worry, we all here at NF got your back too!!