Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to level with myself...

It's time to level with myself....

Self, you are out of control. You don't fit into any of your clothes from just 2 and 3 years ago. You remember, the ones you were SOOOO excited to finally fit into! You don't pay any attention to what you're fueling your body with anymore. We used to have such fun experimenting with new recipes! Self, we even had fun exercising! We went walking outside with friends, workouts with our buddies.... Where did all that go?!

Self, I want to stop trying. I want to succeed! I want to fit into size 10 pants for the first time in our life! I want to look in the mirror and smile because we're really, honestly happy with ourselves. Self, we need to regroup, make a battle plan and start doing something about our situation NOW! Circumstances are always changing. What resources do we have? If it's our schedule, how can we adapt to be successful? If it's us, just being lazy, how can we change it up?

I'm very serious, Self. No more. I want us to be the best us we can be!

Action Plan: We're going to make up a week-by-week plan so we can adjust and adapt to the various shifts we get assigned to work.

Our Priorities: We will make time to exercise, shop for healthy groceries, and keep up with our spiritual pursuits as well! We will be preparing/cooking our meals at home from now on and we will start packing our lunches.

Come on, Self! By 01-10-2015 we will have created our action plan and started implementing it!

Baby steps, Self. Sit down, look at our schedule, start with figuring out when we have free time. When can we shop for food? When can we exercise or go for a walk? Write it down. Set an alarm in the calendar app. One step at a time.

We have a few check points for a life time of feeling good about our body:

1. 6 months- look decent in a suit and (hopefully) learn a few dance moves

2. No time limit- fit into our smallest clothes in our closet

3. No time limit- fit into size 10 pants

(We can add more when we are done setting up our action plan!)

I know we can reach an attainable level for our July Beach Vacation. We have 6 months, that's plenty of time to make a difference. If we don't even try to go for it.... That's just sad. I'm scared to fail at this again, too. But Self, being afraid isn't doing us any good! It's time, past time really, for us to do whatever's in our power to improve ourself.

• Like 2