Forums are back in action! ×

Out of the mountain, into the sunlight...

Greetings, the name’s Secra. I've decided it was finally time to leave my dark, comfortable alcove in the mountain and explore the world. I’m a dwarf of short and stocky (read: flabby) stature, and have always wished instead to be a willowy, lithe elf. Sadly, genetics and wishes have failed me in this, so I guess it’s time to head out in search of my magic cure!

I jest, sadly I know of no magic that can help me change my genes. I am on this journey, however, to attempt to change my fate. As I watch my family age and ail, I already see some of the same diseases trying to wrap their smoky tendrils around me. When I pass by the looking-glass, I avoid the gloomy image reflected back at me. I want to change that. I want to be strong.

Several days ago I took my first step. I went for a walk. It wasn’t a long or particularly interesting walk, but it was more than I had done before. I’ve continued this daily venture, but I want to go further. I am still an apprentice (okay, really I’m a student), but I am studying for a vocation that interests me. Such an endeavor requires a lot of sitting, so I don’t have the luxury of wandering the hills or plains whenever I’d like. I plan to do as much as I can though, and make it a daily habit.

My weak spot is definitely food. I eat when I’m happy, I eat when I’m sad, when I study, when I’m stressed, angry, bored…I presume you get the idea. I love food. Well, certain foods I love. Mainly the super sugary, super greasy, super easy to just grab and eat kinds of fare. I am also quite fond of meat. With a “head always in the books†kind of schedule, appropriate sustenance is not always highest on my list of priorities. Once upon a time I even used to eat the occasional fruit or vegetable, but then everything changed when the Uruk-hai attacked.

Alright, so that didn’t actually happen. I became an “adult†and was allowed to make all my own choices. So naturally I chose all of the things denied to me as a child and youth in both type and amount. I need to scale back the quantity, and improve the quality. In my travels I hope to sample delicious (and nutritious) fare while also leveling up my cooking skill.

And so, my adventure begins…

Secra | Dwarf | Level 0

Recruit (Future Adventurer)

STR-0 .::. DEX-0 .::. STA-0 .::. CON-0 .::. WIS-0 .::. CHA-0

Current Challenge: Beginner's Mountain || Introduction: Out of the Mountain

Main Quest: Lose 33 lbs

30%
30%

I know the feeling, I found a chocolate covered cream filled honey bun in the vending machine at work the other day, I was both disgusted and intrigued and it was in my belly 5 minutes later. I've taken to packing more food into my lunch than I can eat in one day so if I'm going to snack at least its stuff that I have chose instead of vending machine garbage.

Hwrdfrnd - Goblin Adventurer

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge