Forums are back in action! ×

Embarking on a New Quest

Hello all.  I'm Rurik, long time lurker and first time challenger.  I've finally combed enough threads here and followed enough of you to get an idea of what I'm doing, so I've put together a character sheet and thrown up my first challenge.  I've had some serious motivation problems over the last 6-9 months, but with a new year starting and summer coming in a few long, wintery months, I'm reading to head back to Crossfit and munch on some meat and veggies to satisfy my Paleo needs.  Hoping to run a Mud Hero race this summer, and it isn't enough for me to dawdle my way through things, so I'll be pushing myself all the way.

The cold doesn't bother me much, so I'm trying to get outside more (that's reflected in my challenge) and explore the city and nearby wilderness.  I love the Ranger/Hunter archetype in games; living in the wild, foraging for your own food, bushcraft and concealment, all those things.  I even have a feline familiar, however she is less keen than I am to enjoy the wilds.  On the nerd side of things I enjoy a great deal (probably too much /played) World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Skyrim, along with any console game that strikes my fancy.  I love me some Mario Kart.

Looking forward to leveling up here and meeting some new people!

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager