Forums are back in action! ×

Demon Hunter in Training

Hello, fellow Rebels, I am Rowan and I am just joining the Rebellion. I recently found Nerd Fitness after my husband asked for a subscription to the Academy for his birthday. I decided I'd like to become a Rebel, as well, although at the moment I will be using the forums rather than going to the Academy.

I am a 50 year old Geek Grrl. My current weight is 260 lbs. and I am 60.5" tall. I have an autoimmune illness called Fibromyalgia (FM), which often makes it difficult to get physical. However, weight training is one of the best treatments for FM and is something I have enjoyed in the past, so I'd really like to take up a strength training routine this year. I have done a lot to improve my FM in the last few years by drastically changing my food, using a program called Radiant Recovery. This means I eat no sugar or sweeteners of any kind, I eat high protein and only whole grain carbs, and I am gluten-free. My food could use a tune-up, however, since last fall I moved to Austin, Texas, land of delicious Tex-Mex. I have already dropped 4 clothing sizes since I gave up sugar and wheat 3 years ago and I would like to continue losing, possibly at a faster pace.

I am a dancer, I enjoy yoga and other mindfulness practices, and swimming. I am aiming towards a hybrid assassin/monk class, I think, since my goal is to be a demon hunter. I like a varied fitness routine and I'd really like to kick some ass!

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Hi, justtrish! Thanks for the welcome. Druids seems like a good fit for someone into mindfulness. I'm considering that, too, although I think I want to do more ass-kicking than druids might be into. :nevreness:

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

Hi ! I love to see more of us gals who are 50 on the boards. I'm not quite there yet, but my next B-day I will be. Good for you for totally conquering the sugar demon!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27