Forums are back in action! ×

Stepping into the light

Hi all.

Not going to even pretent like I didn't lurk for months before finally setting up an account.

So, here goes. I've been religiously gymming it up 3-5x/week for about 6 years now and I've, kind of perplexingly, just now realized that I haven't really made any progress.

Sure, my weight has been stable but I haven't really made any gains. No real muscle gains, no flexibility or functional fitness gains either.

WTH?

In joining the boards I hope to come up with some kind of a concrete goal, be it how much I want to lift or to see visible changes. I am also in dire need of diet help. I have food restrictions that make eating a chore and as such I tend to kind of, well, just not eat very much. It's not a great situation and I think this is where some of my plateau issues are coming from. Also, I need new motivation. I don't have any friends that are in to fitness or lifting and it's getting pretty lonely, and boring picking things up and putting them down again.

Gotta feed those muscles to grow! Sounds like you might find a protein goal useful?

Remember maintaining a level of fitness is an achievement in itself - at least you didn't go backwards. And now you have a strong base to work from!

Think of some goals - things you can't/don't do right now - break them down into steps and join the challenge!

Welcome to the boards :D

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!