Forums are back in action! ×

Hello NF Community!

I have been signed up for the email inspiration for a few months now and what with the new year and all my resolutions are on par with finally joining up. 2014 wasn't the most spectacular year for me so I really want to step up my game and challenge myself in 2015. I intend to join the 6 week challenge and give myself the accountability that I think is what I was missing in 2014. My main quest is to hit a BMI of 21 which is the measurable side of my goal, but mainly I just want to become a healthy and active individual. Go out and run some 5ks (hopefully this fall) and have a lot of fun in the meantime.

I really like the idea of having SMART goals that break down my main quest into manageable sections. This is such as awesome idea, plus my nerdy love of spreadsheets and statistics will be oh so satisfied. I have a three month plan that involves Zombies!Run training and tabata/HIIT training. I'm all about the body weight exercise and feel like I will fit well into the assassin guild. (Not to mention black is my favorite non-color) 

A little bit about me: I'm 29 (a girl) and I work in an office doing medical coding. I love it! I have a BA in French linguistics and find language utterly fascinating. I love anime and manga but rarely have time to watch enough of it. I play the guitar, bass guitar, piano and violin and my favorite band is Incubus. I have a black dog and a white cat, and my fiancee has a white dog and a black cat. 

My resolution for 2015 is to go 86% vegan, which is 6/7 days of the week, every week. Leaving me one day to enjoy some animal products. This is mostly due to my lactose intolerance (thanks for the genes mom ^.^) and migraines.

I'm super excited to be here and I can't wait to make a bunch of friends!!

• Like 1

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Challenge

"Fitness needs to be perceived as fun and games or we subconsciously avoid it." -Alan Thick

I have a BA in linguistics too! I studied Portuguese, which is my mother tongue, and Latin lol. English is my second language and I also speak French and read Spanish. It's so fun isn't it!

But I don't have any cats or dogs although I loooove them so. My husband says there's no way to have pets in the apartment when we're away for the greater part of the day. Of course he's right, why would you adopt an animal when you can't give it a proper home. But I feel it so bad everytime I see a cat or dog in the street I go oh look a doggie! Lol it's stupid.

Welcome! It's a hard long journey ahead I can tell you that.

And... do assassins like black outfits? I wanna be an assassin too!

• Like 1

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

That's awesome Tess. I totally understand the feeling about the animals. Everytime I'm in Petco buying dog/cat food or toys or something I want to adopt all the homeless animals. I told my fiancee that if we win the lottery we are going to start a shelter home :)!. Haha, when I was in the assassin thread there were a few mentions of black clothes and how assassins love black which I thought was amusing. I want to be an assassin but I need to get some fundamentals down first.

Demon Adventurer LVL 0

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Challenge

"Fitness needs to be perceived as fun and games or we subconsciously avoid it." -Alan Thick