Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I am not sure if this the right spot to be posting this or not so sorry if in the wrong spot. I had signed up the 6 week challenge that was from Nov 10 - Dec 21. I cannot find the last challenge posting. I just wanted the people that were my leaders and ounces I joined with. That I have had serous health issues that didn't allow me to complete the challenge. I was in the hospital for three weeks. I went for appendix surgery and end up having major complication. I had three surgery. I now have a wound in my stomach and have to use a wound vac. As a result I cannot do any workouts other than short walks. I cannot left any thing over 5 pounds. I cannot swim, dance or do the basic body workout. The doctor is saying I have this for month or maybe two. However when the wound heals completely I will have to have another surgery because I have hernia. The doctor does have me on high protein diet. I started my weight lost on my own in September 2014 I weighted 214 than and I join Nerd Fitness in late Oct. 2014. It was working until I end up in hospital. I now weigh 180. Goal is 145-160. The doctor said don't worry about weight lost just get better. I don't want gain the weight I lost either. Maintain would be good until I got better.

Any tips on maintaining weight and work outs with injury?

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your injury and illness.

The forum for that challenge is here -> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/392-37-nov-10th/

Hope you find yourself! If you can remember what guild you were in that will help.

Short walks is a good starting point, you will have to wait until you recover to do more. Eat VERY healthy. Veggies, fruit - as much as you can allow. Also don't panic about the weight, make healing a priority. To distract you from overeating, try relaxation techniques, listen to music, read, find interest in other things. 

Sorry I can't help more, good luck!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Sorry to hear of your complications. :( Just hang in there, focus on healing, do what the doctors say, and don't worry about the weight much right now. Focus on health and recovery. You will recover fastest by making sure to eat for nutrition and doing your best to not stress or worry about things. I have had many surgeries and a close friend had a serious motorcycle accident in early December. He will be there for months, can only take short walks, and also has a wound vac. Crazy how similar the two situations are.

Anyway, stay strong. Keep your spirits up. And there's always another challenge. :) When you are cleared by your doctor, jump back in. We will be here for you. (And take it slow! Who won the race, the tortoise or the hare?)