Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, I'm Gersimi. My name means 'precious' and is the name of one of the two daughters of the Norse goddess Freyja. I am a practising Norse pagan, and Freyja is my matron goddess. Though originally from the city of Stockholm, I live in a small village in a very rural part of Sweden, and I never want to leave! I am happily married and the mother of two, 2,5 and 6 years old. I am fairly new to NF, but neither to fitness nor to nerdiness. Ten years ago I did quite a lot of strength training (mainly free weights) and cardio (aerobic work outs and running). Then life, including love, two kids and a dream job took over almost completely. Nerdiness continued, though; I still love Star Trek, Stargate and Dr Who, still read comic books like Promethea and Sandman, and fraternise with geeks most of the time, like artists, academics, craftspeople, pagans and such. :)

I just started my first 6WC: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58908-gersimi-becomes-precious-to-herself/  I'm using it as a part of my recovering from burn-out, which I have been suffering from since late Spring 2014. My main symptoms of burn-out are extreme tension and pain in muscles and joints, mental and physical fatigue and occasional signs of depression. For those reasons I am still on 100% sick leave from my work as a psychologist in the Swedish national health care. By the Winter Solstice of 2015 I want to be able to work 75% without burning myself out again. For that I need a strong and healthy body, a resilient and peaceful mind and fun and clever routines to manage my daily life with a house and a family. I now weigh around 80kgs/177lbs to my 172 cms/5ft7in, which is fine by me - I am not here to lose weight. I want to become a mighty druidess - calm, strong, cunning, relaxed even in the face of danger, knowing my strengths and weaknesses and steadily working to develop my full potential. At heart I really am a centaur - I need to eat lots of good sustenance, run, smell the fresh air and gaze at the stars in the silence of the night.

My main roles outside this forum all means I am responsible for others - mother, psychologist, gydja (priestess of my faith). This place is for taking responsibility for me.

Önd gaf Óðinn,

óð gaf Hœnir,

lá gaf Lóðurr

ok litu góða

Best of luck with your goals, it's important to take care of yourself. My patron Goddess is Cerridwen, but I am looking into some warrior deities to draw strength from for my training. Bright Blessings.

Thanks! And the same to you, of course. I am focusing on the disciplin of training for battle, to be fierce but controlled, rather than filled with rage. It seems the Lady is willing to help with that, even if that was not the way I perceived her to begin with. (A warrior deity, for sure, but not controlled and disciplined.) Äring och fred!

Önd gaf Óðinn,

óð gaf Hœnir,

lá gaf Lóðurr

ok litu góða