Forums are back in action! ×

Been reading articles for a while, decided to join forum

Been reading articles here for a while, and was inspired to start working out. I am a skinny dude, with a history of bad back problems. I used to do parkour, and a bit of gymnastics, until I started getitng back pains and discovered i had Spina bifida oculta. The pain took away a lot of my energy and mobility for about a year. After getting surgery to fix the pain, i stopped being as physically active for fear of setting off my back again. Now, about 7 years later, i have decided to try and get back the physicality i used to have, and build up muscle. My goal is to get enough muscle to weigh at least 140 pounds. Right now, I am around 128. My other goal is to strengthen my core, to help to protect my back. My plan is to use the free weights I have at home, as well as going to the gym at my college, and, carefully, doing squats, to build up muscle.

• Like 1

Nice to have you with us, Ninja56! Sorry you've had a rough time of it with your back but sounds like you've got good motivation with equally good understanding of how to go about achieving your goals sensibly and healthily. Good luck and keep us up to date with how it all goes! :)

Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers.

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%