Forums are back in action! ×

Hello to any of my fellow Nerd Fitness comrades.

It is time for me to respawn. It has been too long since I have taken good care of my health. The last workout I logged was on the 5th of December 2014. Since then I have been working like crazy (Christmas is hectic for me, I work in a cafe in a busy shopping centre), logging over 50 hours a week, with little time for much else.

But no more. I commit to getting back on track. I will keep this updated to prove to myself and anyone else out there that I can.

While I'm here, I have a question for any NF comrades. When I get in a rhythm with my fitness I feel great. But as soon as I approach a PB I feel humbled/scared and tend to skip workouts and lose motivation. Then I don't workout for a week or two and when I get back into it it's the same story. Rinse, repeat. Any suggestions?

Cheers comrades. :)

Not sure what a PB is, possibly a common NerdFitness thing I've glossed over! But it sounds like once you're closing in on a milestone/success point you back off? Fear of success, I've struggled a bit with that myself. During my current process, I'm sort of tricking myself. When I know I'm close to a milestone (I just passed 30 lbs!) I purposely *don't* do a weigh-in for a handful of days, and just continue my workout routine/food logging. It's provided me some really pleasant surprises, as in a way it seems I've soared over the small milestone and can set my sights on the next small milestone.

Hope that helps some, good luck!

Lou186000
Battle Log: Battling at the Speed of Lou

aaaa42%