Forums are back in action! ×

Ryan's schooling-time to work on a 1-up!

I feel that I am a smart individual. I would go as far and say smarter than most people for my generation and age group...but no drive. For school anyway. Last July I got back into college starting with a 3.4 GPA. I seriously slacked in high school and that 3.4 took me a long time to build up. These past few quarters starting back have been a nightmare for me because I have to immediately jump back into classes like Organic Chemistry etc.. During that time, my ex, who still lived with me at the time, found a new boyfriend. We stayed great friends until this happened without any arguments, but suddenly (And I can understand why) she turned foul on me for anything I did. I was cooking dinner too late because I got home late? There would be this nasty speech given to me. For no reason. Despite me letting her stay so that she may not end up homeless. It's not who I am to do something like that. I actually missed out on a chance with another woman because of this, someone who I may have been able to turn into a wife down the road. And the signs were there as clear as day!! and I chose not to take her out due to me still having the ex in the house- it would be unfair to her and distasteful and I felt I'd be lying to her and myself for a time. I let her go, and she is now with someone else. 

This all screwed me up and now my GPA is a 3.0 even, which is unacceptable to me! So now it's time to hit some bricks and find some 1-ups with my schooling.

Firstly, the ex is now out of the house for good- kicked her out. Didn't care anymore because my health was now being affected.

Step 1 is complete already! Step 2 is for me to spend real quality time with my studies and practice a LOT more.

The last 2 finals I had, I was hovering 69 in the class. My first test was a 64....When I saw this, along with the other not-passing grades, I knew I was in trouble. The 2nd test was an 81 without the added extra credit and my labs were 100's now. Great start! And my final I scored a 100 without extra credit. I pulled a complete reverse of logic and got higher grades the longer the course went on haha. I worked my ass off, and I know I have the potential to do all of this because both quarters were the exact same- low test grades starting, and got a 100 on the final. I KNOW I can. I KNOW I'm smart enough and hard working enough to leave the class with a high 90 average. 

Step 3- start early. Buying my books tomorrow already instead of next week and reviewing the first chapter to start to get a feel for the material. 

Step 4- invite more positive influences into my life. I missed out on a possible wife-material for me with this last quarter because we literally were able to understand each other perfectly. I won't let that happen again, and I know I was very "missing" from my family time and visiting them, and their attitude always seeps into me, and I feel great when around them! More family time this quarter.

I originally wanted to be a dietitian, but lately I've found nutrition to be more of a hobby that I'd like to pursue. I can still learn more because I WANT to learn more naturally. I've instead decided to change degrees and pursue something that I can utilize more of a talent I was born with- a genuine interest to help people succeed, and now I am working on earning a degree for Early Childhood Education. I am so great with kids and being around them makes me worry-free and happy, and it is something I could do forever. One day I may even teach nutrition and achieve both dreams at once! If I want to teach, I have to learn how to learn. Starting now I am back on track!