Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to the message boards though I've been following the blog for sometime. 

My starting point is not ideal. I'm at the highest weight of my life at 400 pounds and I'm starting to have a lot of health problems despite only being 24 years old which I think was finally a wake up call that I have to make some changes for myself. I'm currently a week into my diet and I've made some good changes such as cutting out all fast food, not binge eating (which I have been doing probably twice a long time, eating tons of calories at once), and cutting out soda which had been my primary beverage for a long time. I've also started swimming and going to aqua aerobic classes since most other exercises are really difficult for me. I have bipolar which has been an additional challenge with emotional eating and eating a lot to try to control my depression periods. So I'm learning to cope with that without food.

So, I'm a long way from my goal but I'm making changes and I'm hoping to see some good results while I continue to learn from all of you and figure things out. 

A little about me. I'm a college student studying accounting. I used to like travel but my last couple trips have been difficult but I still have big plans for future trips once I get in better shape. I love to read and write. I do cheesy things like keep a journal of positive things that happen or will happen to look at when I'm in a bad mood. I really love PC games, particularly World of Warcraft but I love a lot of indie games that have come out too. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning more. 

Welcome!

Being an overweight emotional eater myself, I find exercise itself a great alternative. You may want to look into slowly transitioning into the paleo diet, which would be a lifestyle change, not a quick weightloss solution. Take a look at the article by Steve. Personally, I decided to jump right into eating paleo and I dropped one belt hole in a week. It was tough though. I was hungry much of the time but it passes. I feel like I'm rambling so I'll stop now. Good to have you here!

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris