Forums are back in action! ×

Hi rebels!  I'm Justin, I'm 28, and I live in Western Massachusetts (Pioneer Valley).  I've been reading this site on and off for about two years, but never got involved with the community.

I'm a software engineer and hobbyist programmer / game developer, so I've been spending way too much time in front of a computer screen for .. oh the past 15 years?  I never took fitness seriously because I was that scrawny weak kid who was always going to be that scrawny weak kid.  Three years ago I built up the courage to join a local karate dojo (Matsubayashi Shorin Ryu style).  I did that for two years until scheduling became a problem, and now I've been doing Crossfit for the past 6 months.  The local CF community has been great support to me, especially breaking through my 0th percentile mobility limitations (no, really, I think I horrified my instructors and our resident PT-in-study).  Now I want to surround myself with a great community online, so here I am :)

While my dominant hobby is programming, I also enjoy video games.  I'm a huge Minecraft nerd and modder, and I love Skyrim, Dark Souls, and just about everything made by Nintendo.

• Like 1

Texelsaur ~ Level 2 Argonian Ranger

STR: 1 | CON: 3 | DEX: 1 | WIS: 4 | STA: 3 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge

---

Programming enthusiast | GitHub

Welcome! I'm studying for a computer science degree myself. I love coding and Skyrim also. Dark Souls I only like to watch because it infuriates me so much haha.

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris

Thanks!  Awesome work going for the degree!  Any particular projects or area that interest you?

Dark Souls is a lot of fun to watch even if it's to see how much swearing can be packed into a minute.  It's humorous just how archetypal this is of someone's first experience with the game.

Texelsaur ~ Level 2 Argonian Ranger

STR: 1 | CON: 3 | DEX: 1 | WIS: 4 | STA: 3 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge

---

Programming enthusiast | GitHub

Hahaha that video is great. I'm interested in videogames. Particularly building game engines. Hardware architecture is cool too. I'm going to be taking a course on operating systems.

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris