Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you. Call me Ebon.

I'm joining this forum because, as it stands now, I'm not very proud of myself. I'm quite overweight (I have never been slim), and I am sick and tired of it. I want to change, and I feel like I'm ready to change. I'm going to change at any rate, because I'm not putting up with the way I am now for any longer. It has taken my years and years to build up the courage to join this forum.

Does everyone find it so difficult to make such changes in their life? Undoubtedly so. I am very much ashamed of the way I am now, so a community that's online like this is perfect for me, and hopefully (with a bit of luck), this community will help me fix that. I know it's somewhat nonsensical to be so hung up over my weight, and honestly I'm not as overweight as many, but the idea of telling many other people that I'm exercising and making healthy choices in my eating actually makes me cringe, and I'm not sure why. Maybe NF can help me with that, too.

But I digress. I am 22 years of age, male, and a scientist by trade... or will be, once I am finished with my studies. I am fluent in English and in French, and come from Australia. In terms of hobbies, my passion would be tabletop RPGs. I love GMing Call of Cthulhu and Dungeons and Dragons because it offers so much sponteneity and fun. I play video games, too; namely anything with a plot: The Witcher, Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Bioshock, Fahrenheit, Amnesia, Alan Wake... The PC is my console, though I detest MMOs because they cannot hold my interest. Lack of plot, I suppose.

And what about exercise? I hear you ask. I have been doing dance (ballroom) for the past eight or so years; though that has to end this year because of finances and time, mostly on the end of my dance partner. I did fencing for a three years back in high school (going back four years now), and almost one and a half years ago now, I picked up aikido (Japanese nonviolent martial art), which my friend and I do weekly. I'm looking to add an extra night of Aiki in each week.

Once more, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope that the community can help me, and that I can be a valuable member of this 'e-society' in the coming future.

Ebon.

"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Hi!

Glad to meet you. I am in the same boat as you, and have been using NF for about 2 weeks give or take a few days. The community is very supportive of everyone and will help you if you need assistance with your transition. 

Feel free to pop by my page or the forums if you need an accountabilibuddy! 

• Like 1

Level 0, Human Druid

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]

"'Impossible' is not a scientific term." - Vanna Bonta