Forums are back in action! ×

Nice to meet everyone. I live in the UK down in Brighton and thought I'd introduce myself.

For the most part of my life I've been naturally pretty skinny despite eating whatever I wanted. I think this was helped by the fact I used to be more active when I was younger. 

Once moving away and continuing that, with extra booze and less exercise, I started get a little podge round the stomach. Nothing major, but it's steadily built up to the point where its bothering me and I'm worrying about it being too visible. So I've decided I wanted to do something about it, along with getting fitter and stronger in the process.

I've had a few false starts over the years, like running for a month or so, doing weights every day for a couple of weeks, etc. They've all failed, but now I've actually kept some form of exercise up for over a month and now I've started doing the research to make sure I'm doing it proper, which led me here.

So, my aim is to get rid of my burgeoning beer belly, reclaim some stamina from years of smoking (aiming for a half marathon possibly), and building up my strength (although I'm not looking to get tonk or anything).

Anyway, the articles I've been reading on this site have been really helpful so I thought I'd get involved here as an extra push to keep on track.

"I'm not fat, I'm cultivating mass." - Fat Mac