Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and salutations!

Hi!

So, I've never been good at this whole, introduction thing. And really, I've never been that great at, well, asking for help. So as part of the new 2015 and me facing my fears, i figured i should start in a forum.

Umm, about me and my ambitions.
So, I'm female. 178cms, 78kgs (as of this morning) and whilst I'm not looking at losing weight or anything like that, I'm actually looking at more increasing my strength, stamina and overall performance. I signed up for the Army and lets just say, have had some set backs. I've always been sporty. I've played field hockey for a good 22 years. Mind you, 15 of those years was as a goalie. So, when i got accepted (and am currently waiting for my enlistment date) i started to do some more running. Started focusing on my sit ups and push ups (for minimal entry requirments) however when i started focusing on my beep test, things became a problem. My legs would tighten up and it even got to the point that people were saying Shin Splints. Not good. So I've been doing low impact cardio. I go pretty good on that subject.
So.. umm, to get to the point I guess, is that I want to be strong, lean, i want to be able to run and do chin ups (i can do 2 pulls ups at the moment) and really, just be a machine.

Hardest part for me as well is that, I work as a waitress/cook and an admin clerk. I work two jobs which means i start at 10am and finish most nights at 11pm which only a half hour break between jobs. I get home and I'm so exhausted that i want to go to sleep, but by the time i hit that pillow, I just cant sleep. I finally got a personal trainer though. Which is good. She wasnt too happy with my eating requirements so in my 3 days of signing up to the Rebellion i've already changed so much. I've done my 10 minute walks and changed one thing about my diet. Infact, I've created a diet. Thats just another whole story right there!!

I guess, I'm here for support. To have conversations with people, see how everyone has gotten to their goals and beat their challenges and will also help cast a light and help this noobie be that fighting machine she's always wanted to be.

Ahhh - Thanks?

Edit: I should probably mention that I think I'm a scout? I dont really know. I'd say I'm a scout wanting to be a ranger!

• Like 1