Forums are back in action! ×

Hey All,

I'm 45, female with 15 lbs to loose. I realize that doesn't dound like much but I'm 5'1 so 15 looks like 30 on a normal chick.

I rock climb, hike, randomly run, ski and cycle ( do at least one sponsored ride a year) but something's gone wrong. I eat too much carbs, sweets and at 45 the weight won't budge. clothes won't fit...ect

My goals: Lose 15

train for a Century this late summer

Look decent in a swimsuit in June( Hawaii trip)

Feel good about who I am

LM

As a fellow shortie(5'3") I totally understand how pesky the 'it's only 15 pounds!' talk is, compared to height that's a good chunk of my body weight!

Good luck on your adventure, the more you cut complex carbs you don't need and replace them with whole grain and more filling options the less you'll crave the sweets and breads, so just have to get over the initial few weeks!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I'm a newbie/oldie too. I'm 63, 5'4", and 172.  I actually joined Nerd Fitness last year, but couldn't follow through then due to work commitments that included living in a hotel for 2+ months and 18 hour work days.  I put on 10 pounds, and since that time, I've just not been able to get back into the swing of things.  I lift weights already, have completed New Rules of Lifting for Women, used 5/3/1, but found it boring, and currently I'm doing Nia Shanks mini BadAss Course while I read Strong Curves.  My challenge goals are

1.  Lose these 10 pounds plus 10 more

2.  Start Strong Curves

3.  Get the sugar out of my diet (again) and eat whole and healthy foods (again)

So do I have to start as a recruit?  Or can I choose a guild?  

Hi there! I'm the same height, and agree with you, any extra weight makes me look much more hobbit like than I prefer. Sounds like you are already active. Maybe just add some weight training in, either weight or bodyweight, to complement the activities  you already do. I bet if you cut out the refined carbs and sweets you would lose the weight rather quickly.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27