Forums are back in action! ×

I've never been much of a runner but always liked the idea of being a runner.  I'd done a couple of Race for Lifes but more at a power walk than any kind of run so the thought that I might actually be able to turn myself in to someone who can run one?  That sounded amazing!

I started doing one of these Couch to 5K plans and I quite enjoyed it at the beginning.  Now I'm up to running for 20 minutes (yay me!) but I've discovered something....running is bor-ring!!  I think maybe I'd like it better running outside but I don't have the willpower to keep running if there's not a treadmill underneath me.  I made the decision (while halfway through a run yesterday) to stop the program.  I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's not really giving up but making a good decision.  I gave it a go and it's just not for me.  I am disappointed though.  :(   I thought I wanted to be a runner...turns out I don't!  But now what?

I think this, plus the 30 day plank challenge I did as part of my first 6 week challenge where I got all the way up to 3 mins (again yay me!) but got bored while doing it, have made me realise I need a bit of a varied workout.  So this isn't a full respawn just a re-.....program maybe?  I just need to figure out another goal to work towards, but I'm having a bit of trouble.  Any advice or inspiration about how you guys decided on your goals would be really helpful!

I'm not really the one to offer for advice, as the closest I do to that is biking for ten minutes (at most) warming up while waiting for the squat rack to free up. Have you tried entertainment of some sort while running? Audiobooks, etc. 

Or just come and join the dark side and pick up heavy things for your exercise. We have bacon.

Bacon you say, Castiel? Hmm....I could be persuaded....

I've been lifting not so heavy things after using the running program as a warm up (kettle bell circuits) but without the running program I do feel like I need something to work towards, so you might be right. Proper lifting might be the way forward but you guys scare me little! Ha!

I did consider audiobooks or podcasts the other day actually but don't know if it's a good idea for me. I made the mistake of listening to the Flight of the Conchords soundtrack while at the gym once. Only did it once. I was laughing/grinning away to myself while working out. Not a good look!! No one wants to be the crazy person at the gym!! I'm a little nervous that might happen again. Might try that one out at home first!!