Forums are back in action! ×

Tankgrrl is struggling with consistency

Look squirrel!....

Oh sorry, I got distracted again.

Time to respawn and get back on track. I need consistency and routine, it's how stuff gets done and it's what I'm missing. I've just returned to work yesterday after 5 weeks leave in which I spent time with family, took a holiday and moved house. It's been fun and busy and completely inconsistent. Now I need to put one foot in front of the other and start plodding forward towards a healthy, more energised me.

My epic quest, which I need to remind myself of, is to have oodles of energy to work, study and play. If I can pull it off this year then I can finish law school and graduate as a solicitor.

Step one:

Keep posting.

I need to check in here everyday and just reflect on the good and bad decisions I've made and why I've made them. Knowledge is power so I must take 5 mins each day to reflect and be wise.

See you tomorrow :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

So above was a post that I actually wrote yesterday but Tapatalk decided not to post. So here I am back for day 2 (does 2 days in a row count as a streak yet?)

Yesterday I underestimated my need for a solid breakfast and it through my whole day out. I started with a quick greek yoghurt before work (good choice) but then I was starving by 10.30. I was heading into a meeting that was bound to run long so in fear of spending the whole meeting trying to eat my own arm, I ran to a cafe and got a large chai latte and a chicken quiche. Both were delicious.

At lunch I wasn't hungry.... but by 3pm I was starving again and I wasn't going to make it home on time for dinner so once again I ran out of the office in search of emergency food. This time McDonalds (ugh)

After work I had a few beers catching up with friends but didn't eat and eventually made it home at 9.30. I was a little peckish so I had another greek yoghurt and a banana.

I think this day is the exact reason why my diet is screwed. No preplanning and terrible convenience food.

At least I'm keeping healthy snacks at home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD which may explain a lot

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

I used to have a smiliar problem at work while dieting.  My job requires a lot of personal interaction, and if it's been a while since my last meal it can be very difficult keeping up the conversations.  As you've identified yourself, the key is to prevent the stabbing hunger pains in the first place by having sensible meals throughout the day.  Never underestimate the power of one meeting to consume more time than it should - have a snack before you think you need it!

3rd day in a row woo hoo

So yesterday was a little better. I made a point of buying a bacon and egg sandwich on my way to work and that kept me full all morning.

Later choices have plenty of room for improvement because a fried wanted to go eat at a local burger joint at lunch. Latter that night my Mum wanted take out Thai food for dinner.

This weekend I have to do a shop and get good things for breakfast and lunch. I'm thinking that a kilo of shredded chicken would be good and I can mix it up with different things.

day 4 of respawn

So yesterday I disgusted myself when I realised that I had spent almost $100 on breakfast and lunch out this week.

I had another chicken quiche for breakfast and a pork sandwich for lunch and a small amount of left over Thai noodles for dinner. Not too bad considering.

Today was supermarket day. I needed to buy a whole weeks worth of good food so that I have no excuse to keep grabbing whatever is closest to hand. I wrote a shopping list but it still didn't seems to help and I shopped in a bit of a random fashion.

The goal this week though is to eat greek yoghurt with protein powder and blueberries every morning for breakfast. That is a double protein hit and should stop me spending on cafes.

Do that and then the week after I'll sort my lunches out.