Forums are back in action! ×

Round trip to Perth today, seven hours total, I felt like eating, so I did, Hungry Jacks ( Burger King ), large latte at the Dome with baked wild berry cheesecake, hugest slice ever and toast for tea. Probably gonna pay for it tomorrow, but you know what..........meh!

Spent a couple of hours with my Little Brother and got the Lads some clothes.

Knackered now, time for a shower and bed me thinks. :)

Wait! What............?

Thursday 30.7.2015

Week1

Madcow:

Warm Up:

Skipping stretching and stuff

Squat:

(Warm Up1x5@30kg)

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

(warm up stretching out upper body and shoulders )

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg ( last rep was push press )

DL

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@95kg

Ice Cream:

BOR:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x10@35kg

Curls:

3x10@12.5kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Cool Down:

Stretching

All this felt pretty good, still trying to get my head around the lighter squats, but that's ok. I did two sets of OHP before realising I still had my thongs on ( flip flops ), probably not the best lifting shoe ever! :) I also changed grip on the last 2 reps of 85kg for DL having grip issues due to sweat, spied some chalk the kids had left in the shed and used that, 5 reps at 95kg with double overhand! Was very mindful to use pinch grip with my left hand to move plates around. Forever working on grip strength!

To my surprise as I started my cool down the GOT theme started, my Little Brother must have put it on my music yesterday. He also spoilt me and brought me a Terminator t-shirt which is going to be my new workout shirt once I wear it for the next two weeks continuously. It will be my secret under armour for my Ambo uniform!!! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hahahaha, lifting in thongs. Pure aussie right there. 

Rock on, Sev!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

On a different note beginning to worry about Son2. He's 19 and kind of a lost soul, but today he seems extremely upset. Might be time to have a Mum and Son chat. If that don't work Son1 might need to come in as reinforcements.

Getting the feeling of dread on this.

Oooohhhh that sucks... hope it all goes well. And you just now discovering chalk?? If I had known that, I'd have recommended it ages ago...

Hahahaha, lifting in thongs. Pure aussie right there. 

Rock on, Sev!

I... um... *goes to take cold shower*

I know thongs are flipflops, but I can't help where my mind wanders off to.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I do believe the reference to Budgie Smugglers.........shorty speedos for men, almost thongish on larger men.

Try Tony Abbott Speedo/budgie smuggler. Then peek through squinted eyes........it's not nice. IMO. :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/fmd/the-11-most-important-photos-of-australias-new-pr-1h90#.tw9PbNzBY

Exactly. Cause it looks like a little bird. I worked for an Australian company for 2 years.
  • Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I do believe the reference to Budgie Smugglers.........shorty speedos for men, almost thongish on larger men.

Try Tony Abbott Speedo/budgie smuggler. Then peek through squinted eyes........it's not nice. IMO. :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/fmd/the-11-most-important-photos-of-australias-new-pr-1h90#.tw9PbNzBY

Uhhhh... well then... I did see the bird referenced if my search so now this makes sense...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Saturday 1.8.2015

Madcow:

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, various other stuffs

Squat:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x3@70kg

1x8@55kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x3@40kg

1x8@30kg

Ice Cream

BB Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

OH Tricep Extensions:

3x8@12.5kg

Curls:

3x8@12.5kg

Hyper Extensions:

2x10

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Good workout. I actually ditched my trip to the Winery so I could do this. Having lunch at the Cidery though it's the twins birthday, they are 19 and figured lunch with family, then they can hang out with mates tonight.

Wait! What............?

Week 1 of Madcow and feeling pretty positive about it all. The lighter weights have made it easier to lift mindfully and concentrate on form which has been good for me, I look forward to the slower progression on my lifts and keeping them tight and pretty. :)

Food sucked.

Going to be a good week.

However I do need to sleep better.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I thought I'd be fine on just under 7 hours sleep today. I was not. xD DO NOT underestimate the sleep! We will learn one day xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I thought I'd be fine on just under 7 hours sleep today. I was not. xD DO NOT underestimate the sleep! We will learn one day xD

Don't we all.... I'm trying to break a habit of going to bed at 11, it doesn't help that my fiance goes to be then so I end up getting woken up anyway.

• Like 1

My first challenge

Tuesday Madcow Week 2

Warm Up:

Stretching, skipping, moving shit around.

Squats:

WU: 1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

Ice Cream:

BB Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

OH Tricep Extensions:

3x8@5kg

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Hyper Extensions:

3x10 on Swiss Ball

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Cool Down:

Doing some stretches etc in the sun, OMG this was so awesome, you know when everything in your spine stretches out and you kinda feel taller, oh yeah being like a cat in the sun!

So a good workout, had the door open on the shed and the sun was right there! Soaking up that vitamin D like a sponge. Although the cement has also soaked up huge amounts of water from our deluge, so my mats were damp and my plates had moisture on them, so shed is open drying out.

Didn't lift in thongs today! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Was talking to Son3 and his GF last night, they told me they had moved the weights room at the recreation centre from the upstairs to the conference room down stairs, they have also left out some of the machines the leg press is gone so is the BW thing where you do dips and weighted pull ups etc. so our crappy little gym here in town just got crappier and smaller, they were saying with 5 people in there Monday no one had space to move. Awesome, our shire is just the shit :(

She was asking about lifting and was interested in doing some lifts with me. Cool!

Wait! What............?

Was talking to Son3 and his GF last night, they told me they had moved the weights room at the recreation centre from the upstairs to the conference room down stairs, they have also left out some of the machines the leg press is gone so is the BW thing where you do dips and weighted pull ups etc. so our crappy little gym here in town just got crappier and smaller, they were saying with 5 people in there Monday no one had space to move. Awesome, our shire is just the shit :(

She was asking about lifting and was interested in doing some lifts with me. Cool!

The disease spreads... YAY!

• Like 1

My first challenge