Forums are back in action! ×

Gotta love Council downsizing. :(

They are sending out pamphlets about getting fit, staying healthy, but it's all about Zumba, Body Pump and Les Fucking Mills. Cardio, cardio, cardio.

Had that same problem at my work. They had a group "get fit" contest. The measurement for what group won... Weight loss.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Thursday, 6.8.2015

Madcow Week 2

Warm Up:

The usual stuffs.

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

2x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

DL:

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@95kg

Ice Cream

BOR:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x8x10x6@35kg

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Messed around with my phone to try and get some form on video, too much dicking around and I was losing time. Everything was fine until DL's, I have to do something about my grip! Today when I hit the 85kg, the bar resettles in my left hand and nearly tears my calluses off! It hasn't mattered before but for some reason they caught today. Mid set, started using mixed grip.........not a favourite of mine. Got to the close grip bench and I'm as weak as a kitten, these were really grinding. On the upshot, I managed a photo of my new T-shirt will post it when I get into town this arvo.

Wait! What............?

Waits patiently while occaisionally glancing at the clock...

Sorry, had to be done. Just dropping in to make sure you know I'm still creepily skulking around in the shadows.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Saturday 8.8.2015

Madcow Week 2

Warm Up:

Usual shenanigans.

Squat:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x3@75kg

1x8@55kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x3@40kg

1x8@30kg

Ice Cream:

BB Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

High Pulls:

3x8@10kg ( kicked my tricep arse )

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Hyper Extensions:

2x10@5kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Started this feeling kinda lack lustre, had a small headache behind the eyes, I think it is because I haven't been wearing my glasses, they are pissing me off. But by the third set of squats all good, except the dog fight and the random dude driving through my property. Finished strong but the high pulls kicked my arse, followed by the curls.....oi!

Son1's GF brought her dog down this time.......we warned her about Lilly not being social, seems things were going ok, then random dude goes driving through property and Lilly gets all hackles up, and decides GF's poodle thingy looks like a mighty fine chew toy! I just wish people would heed the warnings. Poodle thingy is ok, just shaken up...........LOL pun not intended.

Anyway back to life and washing and housework.......and it's raining. :(

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Ahh, not a lot you can do when you warn or tell people something and they ignore you nonetheless, except wait for them to learn the hard way. xD How bad was the rain today? If Mr. Tea wasn't sick I would have dragged him up the Stirling Ranges to see the snow that was apparently happening there because it was so cold. xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Saturday 8.8.2015

Madcow Week 2

Warm Up:

Usual shenanigans.

Squat:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x3@75kg

1x8@55kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x3@40kg

1x8@30kg

Ice Cream:

BB Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

High Pulls:

3x8@10kg ( kicked my tricep arse )

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Hyper Extensions:

2x10@5kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@19kg

Started this feeling kinda lack lustre, had a small headache behind the eyes, I think it is because I haven't been wearing my glasses, they are pissing me off. But by the third set of squats all good, except the dog fight and the random dude driving through my property. Finished strong but the high pulls kicked my arse, followed by the curls.....oi!

Son1's GF brought her dog down this time.......we warned her about Lilly not being social, seems things were going ok, then random dude goes driving through property and Lilly gets all hackles up, and decides GF's poodle thingy looks like a mighty fine chew toy! I just wish people would heed the warnings. Poodle thingy is ok, just shaken up...........LOL pun not intended.

Anyway back to life and washing and housework.......and it's raining. :(

How did son1's GF like the lifting? A future addict? Or someone just passing through the lifestyle you think?

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Ahh, not a lot you can do when you warn or tell people something and they ignore you nonetheless, except wait for them to learn the hard way. xD How bad was the rain today? If Mr. Tea wasn't sick I would have dragged him up the Stirling Ranges to see the snow that was apparently happening there because it was so cold. xD

Our top temperature was 13 degrees and the rain has been pretty much sporadic until an hour ago 4.30 pm no it's constant.

Man snow in WA, that would have been awesome to see. Then again a warm house, a blanket and a TV sounds awesome too!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Passing through for sure. But they are planning on moving to Bridgetown, so may be able to work on her some more!

Well I hope you can get through to her. ive just about given up trying to get through to the people in my life these days. I even gave up trying to get through to my wife at one point, which oddly enough was exactly what it was that got through to Her in the end.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Figured that since I have a Scout camp next weekend I am going to knock out 3 Madcow workouts 3 days in a row, which is not ideal, but I am on a roll with 3x a week lifting. The following week will be the same as I have a Venturer camp/Mud Run/Awesome weekend! Pretty confident it shouldn't mess things up too badly........we'll see eh?

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Figured that since I have a Scout camp next weekend I am going to knock out 3 Madcow workouts 3 days in a row, which is not ideal, but I am on a roll with 3x a week lifting. The following week will be the same as I have a Venturer camp/Mud Run/Awesome weekend! Pretty confident it shouldn't mess things up too badly........we'll see eh?

Just... Take care of yourself alright? That's a lot of stress on your CNS two weeks in a row. Get as much sleep as you can and be sure to eat. Also, if you start to wear down, it'd be better that you skip a workout than injure yourself.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Our top temperature was 13 degrees and the rain has been pretty much sporadic until an hour ago 4.30 pm no it's constant.

Man snow in WA, that would have been awesome to see. Then again a warm house, a blanket and a TV sounds awesome too!

I know! the latter idea won out though :P

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I'll take it easy juni0r83, I have a cunning plan!

So marked out the campsites for next weekend, built a Leaders gateway, which looks impressive and hung out with some really great country Leaders. So much more laid back than some of the city Leaders I have met.

So here we are Sunday afternoon and I have a huge case of CBF'd.

Wait! What............?

Monday 10.8.2015

Madcow Week 3:

Warm Up:

The usual, bit of this bit of that.

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

Weird tweeky thing happening in my left knee, almost like nerve pinch feeling. Once warmed up though it's all good. Almost didn't get up on my last rep, don't know what happened there, not a feeling I wish to repeat. Haven't lifted 75kg for a little while, but wasn't horrendously tough, weird.

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

Nothing to report, still shifting these ok.

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

Felt like she hulk, had control over these all the way, slow steady and concentrating on last and arms in. Liked these today!

Ok, because I plan on consecutive lifting days this week due to camp, I am canning the accessories, hoping not to fry CNS and everything else. Keen for it. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Tuesday

Madcow Week 3

Warm Up:

Usual shyte, plus BW Squatsx10 and 30kg Squatsx5

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

Deadlift:

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x1@100kg ( 3 more attempts but couldn't pull past my knees, fuck it all :( )

1x5@80kg

So everything working great until my 100kg pull WTF? Feeling great, had eaten, nothing too taxing prior to lift, but fuck me if I couldn't get it past my bloody knees. So to compensate smashed out 5 @ 80kg no problems, which then made me feel worse because of my fails.:(

A plus is that grip was not an issue, even though the condensation was ridiculous, so using my weaker hand with a pinch grip to haul plates around the shed seems to be working. Another plus, my Thursday morning just opened up so don't have to do heavy triples tomorrow but can fit them in the day after! Woot!

I must admit though feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Seems everything is aligning this week so I have less time to do what I need to do and seem to be putting band aids on everything, just to reach the end of the day!

Is Deadlifting once a week enough? Do I do a Deadlift day? Fucked if I know.

Wait! What............?