Forums are back in action! ×

Madcow Week 9 Monday on a Tuesday 02.02.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping and dynamic stretching, normal stretches, windmills and 2x10BW squats paused.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@85kg (belted and felt surprisingly easy today! :) )

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg (Son4 put on the wrong plate [5kg instead of 2.5kg] and I near on crushed my left boob! Fixed it up but failed the last 2 reps, bugger, this makes me feel kinda weak)

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg (felt very good, controlled and awesome)

No shits and giggles today. I really should be adding these in again, they are a must for The Cube and make my major lifts better.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Cute

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Bugger.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Had to google it:

A term used to express what a load of hassle a task or experience is/was. Usually used when quite pissed off or on verge of giving up. Also used when remembering a stressfull experience or shit time.

Measurement UpDate:

Think I missed it by 1 or 2 days, but Happy Birthday.  Good news is your still alive.  Bad news is, at 45 you start feeling like you aged 2 yrs for every 1.  Good news is you workout consistently.so that might slow it down some.  Bad news is, exercise starts becoming a source of pain.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

I love the fact that the pool has a high dive.  Most pools, at least in the US, seem to have gotten rid of high dives for fear of law suits.  Dam attorneys and the juries that reward them.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

I love the fact that the pool has a high dive. Most pools, at least in the US, seem to have gotten rid of high dives for fear of law suits. Dam attorneys and the juries that reward them.

I do believe this little backwoods pool is only one of a couple left in Western Australia that has both diving boards. They are so much fun! But yes so much fear of litigation and the fun police squash anything remotely awesome!

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week9 Wednesday on a Thursday 04.02.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, 1x12lunges, 2x10BW squats paused ATG.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

2x5@65kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg (last 3 reps push/press) :(

Deadlifts:

1x5@70kg (hook grip)

1x5@85kg (hook grip......ow)

1x5@100kg (3 reps hook grip, 2 reps alternative grip, me poor thumbs)

5x1@115kg (certainly not game to try hook grip here. Rest between sets strict 1 minute, trying to close this to time so it becomes 1x5).

Came away tonight with marks on my left quad from dragging the bar up. Pulled the skin and made me owwwww! All good though at least the bar isn't getting away from me right! :)

Son6 joined me again tonight. Did his little SL workout, the look of concentration on his face was priceless. Just a few things to work on, but just happy to have him lifting again.

Righto, time to mung down the food! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

115kg deadlift? You're deadlifting me now. [emoji854]

• Like 1

On my way into town this morning 0500, found a trashed Subaru, fucking hoons cutting up the track and leaving broken glass and cars parts everywhere. Rang the police and got the communications hub in Sudney. Trying to explain to the woman that there is no address I can give for the incident, because we have a dirt track, running between the state Forrest and a paddock! Some people need to get out of the city, because yes we do exist where there are no street lights. 0.o

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

I would have asked to be transferred to Perth or better yet Albany or Bunbury. Then you have a chance of getting someone who might actually understand what you are talking about.

• Like 1

Madcow Week 9 Friday on a Sunday 07.02.2016

Warm Up:

Bloody hell it was still hot, mid 30 C, waited until after dinner 2030 to workout hoping it would cool down somewhat, yeah nah. So skipping, stretching and 2x10BW squats ATG. Windmills and lunges. Sweaty jocks straight up!

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x3@85kg (beltless and felt considerably easy, really feeling these in my legs, that's good right ?)

1x8@65kg (smashed these out explosive style, couldn't help it)

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x3@55kg (these are not being made any easier and this has me a little worried)

1x8@40kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x3@50kg (these felt really strong)

1x8@40kg

Only 3 more weeks left on Madcow. These last weeks have been really awesome for progress except OHP and Bench. I am hoping the Cube will help this slight weak arse problem!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Damn how is the fire going? Have you heard from son5?

Sad news about the Paramedic, not surprised though. High stress, minimal support and no pay for most in regional areas (not that I need to tell you Leanne).

Oh did you know that if I volunteered as an ambo or firey it would not count as an approved activity for Centrelink purposes? No volunteer job for anyone under 55 counts.

• Like 1

Son5, the fire in contained but not controlled as of 1600 this arvo. Hoping with favourable weather conditions this might change to controlled and contained. After Yarloop people are mighty twitchy. School as usual for him.

I thought that volunteering was approved and encouraged by Centrelink.........I am pretty sure one of our newer members was Centrelink approved, but then again I am not sure how old he is.

Had a bit of a tart talk with my Centre Supervisor this morning. I told her this is the first time that me not working on Friday has become a major drama. I said I was volunteering for a pretty worthy cause, not just having a long weekend or meeting at the local CWA. She said the Dept of Education were pushing for people who could work uninterrupted for entire sessions and not constantly have days off. I said fine, but this is rural Western Australia and not Perth and we needed our volunteers we don't get paid, and if the Department wanted to break the Law and discriminate against a volunteer I would quite happily take this to the Ombudsman. Not to mention that if she looked at my work records the Dept and she would see I have never worked a Friday, it's not like this was a whim. Grrrrr.

Wait! What............?