Forums are back in action! ×

I believe the weight of the bar is included in your lifts. You probably need to adjust your PB's to reflect this.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I believe the weight of the bar is included in your lifts. You probably need to adjust your PB's to reflect this.

Absolutely included. In competitions, the clamps count too. Residual chalk does not

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Absolutely included. In competitions, the clamps count too. Residual chalk does not

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seven all of your lift weights are now officially out. You are lifting more than you are telling us. Isn't that awesome?

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Madcow Week 11 Friday on a Saturday 20.02.2016

Warm Up:

Various types of stuff.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@80kg

1x3@95kg ( was supposed to be 90kg, but fuck it! Feel the fear and do it anyway ) :)

1x8@70kg

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg ( bloody hell, only managed 3 of these.......again )

1x1@60kg ( was supposed to be 3 but considering I couldn't do a x5 so a single it was )

1x8@45kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

Was doing really well until something just started feeling hurty just below my right elbow. Kinda like a tennis elbow type thing. Grrrrr. Not to mention my hamstrings were screaming by now! Ahhhh fatigue!

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Well done on your lifts. Have you adjusted your total weights to include the bar yet? Or are you leaving that out for now?

95kg squats are totally badass.

Well done on your lifts. Have you adjusted your total weights to include the bar yet? Or are you leaving that out for now?

95kg squats are totally badass.

Leaving it out for now. Going to finish this program, but come Comp day, add bar and then when I start "The Cube" keep the bar in totals.

Never ever thought I would get to 95kg squats. The hammies and quads are feeling some DOMS today! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Leaving it out for now. Going to finish this program, but come Comp day, add bar and then when I start "The Cube" keep the bar in totals.

Never ever thought I would get to 95kg squats. The hammies and quads are feeling some DOMS today! :)

Great job on the 95kg squats.  Nothing like some success to beat the blues.  Your thread definitely helps keep me inspired.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Hahahaha, he'll soon find out how much life it sucks out of him.

• Like 1

Today was Comp Day!

No video of lifts. Can't get them off the phone onto the computer. This is what happens when everything is incompatible!

Official Weight was 105.8 but rounding up. 106 kg

Bar with cuffs, 11 kg

Small Bar with cuffs 10 kg (used for bench only)

Squats:

Lift 1: 101 kg

Lift 2: 106 kg

Lift 3: 108.5 kg

I think I could have actually pulled off 111 kg, but wussed out because you know Deadlifts!

Bench:

Lift 1: 55 kg

Lift 2: 60 kg

Lift 3: 70 kg

The last lift was way too fast, I didn't pause too much on the chest before press! I doubt it would have been three white lights in a real comp.

Deadlift:

Lift 1: 106 kg

Lift 2: 116 kg

Lift 3: 126 kg

Just awesome, although heavier and I would have struggled, even though 126kg felt really stable.

So it is done. Numbers on Spreadsheet.

Ok so this has been on my mind for the last 3 days. This morning I was a little nervous, it reminded me of how it used to feel before a swim meet, when I was younger.

Madcow is now finished even though I did not officially do a Week 12, doing the comp this week is enough. Light lifting until Monday when I start "The Cube" which is a 10 week program. into the future after that I may try and go all bodybuilding and see what lies beneath!  :nevreness: 

• Like 4

Wait! What............?

Today was Comp Day!

No video of lifts. Can't get them off the phone onto the computer. This is what happens when everything is incompatible!

Official Weight was 105.8 but rounding up. 106 kg

Bar with cuffs, 11 kg

Small Bar with cuffs 10 kg (used for bench only)

Squats:

Lift 1: 101 kg

Lift 2: 106 kg

Lift 3: 108.5 kg

I think I could have actually pulled off 111 kg, but wussed out because you know Deadlifts!

Bench:

Lift 1: 55 kg

Lift 2: 60 kg

Lift 3: 70 kg

The last lift was way too fast, I didn't pause too much on the chest before press! I doubt it would have been three white lights in a real comp.

Deadlift:

Lift 1: 106 kg

Lift 2: 116 kg

Lift 3: 126 kg

Just awesome, although heavier and I would have struggled, even though 126kg felt really stable.

So it is done. Numbers on Spreadsheet.

Ok so this has been on my mind for the last 3 days. This morning I was a little nervous, it reminded me of how it used to feel before a swim meet, when I was younger.

Madcow is now finished even though I did not officially do a Week 12, doing the comp this week is enough. Light lifting until Monday when I start "The Cube" which is a 10 week program. into the future after that I may try and go all bodybuilding and see what lies beneath! :nevreness:

Can we say FECKING AWESOME!!!

Way to go Leanne, bloody awesome work, you deadlifted far more than my bodyweight (by 13kg) and are close to squatting my bodyweight (112.8kg). So you can now officially lift a fat bastard off the floor. [emoji12]

• Like 2

That's awesome!!!! Well done Seven, you must be so proud of yourself. You're officially a badass and an inspiration. 

• Like 2

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thanks guys!

Funny how with only a few warm up lifts and then heavy lifts, today I am all DOMS! Like I was working out for along time! It feels gooooood though.

I guess our little Summer is finally dwindling. It is getting decidedly cool in the mornings, and this when I should start walking again! On a brighter note, our new pool should be opened on the weekend! It has only taken 6 months over due date! :)

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Agree on the Dead Pool.  I've grown kind of bored w/ the typical super hero movies.  Way to predictable and repetitive.  I liked Dead Pool a lot more than the new Star Wars which I found pretty unoriginal.  Had to see it though cause ........... it's Star Wars.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

The new pool officially opened in town today. Took the two youngest Lads to have a look. It was really hot today so that is a bonus. I would hate to think what the snot/pee ratio to water was when it closed this evening. Let's just hope they have an awesome filtration system.

Off to watch the other Lads play football (soccer) this evening, let's hope it cools down a wee bit, otherwise we may get a slow game.

Put up my new Challenge, it's all about the tracking. I need to dial the food in if I want to drop BF. Weigh in and measurements tomorrow.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Star Wars ... It's better than I, II, & III but didn't live up to the original movies. It was a decent start for another series of Star Wars movies, though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request

Do you do challenges or only the Battle Log.  I'm kind of debating whether to post in a challenge anymore.

Never mind, I read your post 2 posts up.  Now to try to find it.

Current Challenge 

Son2's girlfriends mother came by tonight, we talked about programs and starting points and what her goals are and how she wants to achieve these goals. She was really into the idea of SL 5x5, also gave her New Rules of Lifting for Women. She starts tomorrow!

New beginnings for everyone. Calorie counting, macro tracking and losing of the fat! New program and just getting my shit together!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?