Forums are back in action! ×

No dress shopping happened last night, but we did eat a truck load of salty popcorn, so weight is up this morning, but that's ok. Really tired, my body struggles with only four hours sleep and really weird dreams about child soldiers in the Republic of Congo. I know right, WTF, all I know is that when the alarm went off I was pretty relieved it was just a dream.

Wait! What............?

On 3/23/2016 at 9:00 PM, SevenofSeven said:

Ok so maybe that is my next Challenge, find a dress and post selfies of the search! So unoriginal but it might work, get away from obsessing about food! 

Y'know, I really like it when people post about their shopping trips :)  For some of us, that's the biggest adventure.  I got a little sick of all the personal development, inside-out beautiful.  It's kind of a fun change to switch it around and do outside work for awhile!

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Stupidly went into town this morning at 1000, to pick up some essentials for the next couple of days. Silly. silly, silly, not only did I forget we had a major Easter tennis tournament this weekend, (which would explain the road blockages to the tennis club, yesterday) but being an extra long weekend and the weather turning we have what seems like every rubber necker in Western Australia in town!

These crowds were close to on par with the crowds two days out from Christmas! WTF is wrong with people? I mean me..........I should have anticipated this but failed! Oh well the chore that should have taken an hour took 2, I hid behind my terminator t-shirt and RBF and survived! I saw a couple of other locals and they were doing exactly the same thing. :highly_amused:

Wait! What............?

The Cube/Week3 Heavy Squat Saturday 26/03/2016

Warm Up:

Stretches, moving about, silliness and BW stuffs.

Heavy Squat:

1x5@31kg

!x5@71kg

5x2@83kg (these felt really light)

Front Squat:

2x3@56kg (these felt ridiculously good, no trouble getting out of the hole, no trouble keeping straight, just felt really bloody good)

Pause at Parallel:

2x5@78.5kg (easy with a 2s pause)

Good Mornings:

4x10@10kg

Lunge:

4x20@BW (10 each leg this time, even without weight these were pushing it)

RDL:

4x12@41kg

Leg Extensions:

4x12@40kg

Leg Curls:

2x5@40kg (hammies were not feeling it and just didn't want to push it)

No ABS.

This felt really good, bit pissed off with the Leg Curl failure but not going to stuff things up with unnecessary risks. no ABS but that's ok. I really need to get out and do the damned Bodybuilding bit. I guess Easter Sunday is as good a day as any to start with a workout! 

Thinking about posting a few pictures to get into the swing of things before the next Challenge starts.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

14 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Also in other news Son1 got engaged today..........

:applause::encouragement::miserable::uncomfortableness::blink:

I am kinda a bit........ummmmm.........fucked if I know.

A squat rack would make an awesome wedding present.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Really had a shitty sleep, it is the first time I have had severe heartburn, thought it may have been a heart attack but, going through the list of signs and symptoms, no just heartburn! OMFG, the pain was unbearable, spent the night sitting in bed, by three got up to get a hot milky tea, which helped a wee bit. Just a horrendous condition.

The blood pressure medication I am on has heartburn as a side effect but, it has never been like that!

If it doesn't ease up soon, deadlifting is not going to be fun.

Wait! What............?

1 hour ago, peelout said:

You're scaring me.  

BTW, since you are on bp meds, does your Dr know about your powerlifting program and the intensity of it?

LOL, nothing to be scared of! 

Yes my Dr is aware that I lift but he is not aware of what it is I do. His whole opinion is lifting is not exercise. Cardio is exercise. So I guess I thought it was pointless even discussing it with him. I am also going to be seeing another Dr, one a little less rigid in thinking that scale weight is all about fat and BMI.

I am mindful of being on these medications, but yet to suffer a dizzy spell or other signs of dying. I kinda cheat a little to, about an hour before I workout I take an aspirin, which makes the blood less sticky and is recommended for heart attack or chest pain. So I guess I am less likely to have a heart attack in the shed or Stoke out. ;)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

the aspirin does reduce your risk of stroke or heart attack, but it also increases your risk of an hemorrhage, so please do be careful when self medicating. Not that I'm overly concerned about a single aspirin a few times a week.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

The Cube/Week4 Heavy Deadlift Monday 28.03.2016

Warm Up:

Just shinnanigans an other stupidly funny stuff. 

Heavy Deadlift:

1x5@50kg

1x5@80kg

3x2@103.5kg

Block Pulls:

2x2@108.5kg

2" Deficit DL:

2x5@98.5kg (these had me working really hard, my hamstrings were so tired!)

Bulgarian Split Squats:

2x20@30kg (was going to do 3 sets of these but fuck me, I had forgotten how hard they were, but I did manage to do 10 per leg, better than my wussy lunges)

RDL:

3x10@50kg

Barbell Rows:

4x10@30kg (I know I am getting stronger with these, since I started out at 26kg and 10 were hard)

Shrugs:

3x10@30kg

ABS:

Swiss Ball Crunch:

3x12@10kg plate

Russian Twist:

3x12@10kg plate

Prone Jack Knife:

3x12

Done! But happily exhausted. :biggrin-new:

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

1 hour ago, Juni0r83 said:

the aspirin does reduce your risk of stroke or heart attack, but it also increases your risk of an hemorrhage, so please do be careful when self medicating. Not that I'm overly concerned about a single aspirin a few times a week.

Hey, hey, JuniOr, glad to see you!

Yeah, not taking aspirin more than twice maybe three times a week tops. Although 90% of the PT's we pick up are on daily doses or warfarin, I'm not that old yet! :D

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

So the new Challenge is up and yes doing another one! This time going to be adding a lot of pictures of everyday stuff, lifting and things! Let us see how this goes. I have a crappy phone camera and a crappy iPad camera and a little crappy camera we use for school projects, this could be interesting.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Wait! What............?