Forums are back in action! ×

The Cube/Week6 Rep DL Day! Monday 11.04.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching with bands, more stretching and dynamic movements. Just basically stuff.

Rep DL:

1x10@51kg

1x10@71kg

3x6@98.5kg

Block Pulls:

2x3@103.5kg (belted up for these but managed overhand grip for all sets!!!!)

2"Deficit DL:

2x6@91kg

Leg Extensions:

4x14@40kg

Lunges:

3x12@20kg plate (6 each leg)

RDL:

4x12@41kg (really tried to cue on arse out tonight, felt curiously satisfying and great)

Barbell Row:

4x10@41kg (really enjoyed these, haven't done them in a while)

Super Set:

Shrugs and Calf Raises:

4x10@41kg

ABS/Core:

Swiss Ball Crunch:

4x10@2.5kg overhead

Planks:

4x30s (31/35/32/30)

Glute Bridges;

4x10s (gym buddy showed me a few alternatives with these! Fuck me never worked so hard to keep me legs from collapsing)

Totally fried and happy and feeling awesome!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Didn't venture into town yesterday so going in to grab supplies, Son6 coming in as well so I don't forget stuff.

597047fab51f039a738e5c8affe8488b.jpg

Down the track, this. Roly looking to drain some water, still going to be a muddy effort even without water. That much water in the rain water tank awesome, that much on the track, makes for interesting driving skills [emoji12]

b414b80d746534dc0ec72d5c79868896.jpg

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

So this is the only wildlife I have managed to capture and it's dead, not deadly. Looks like the kookaburras may have got it.

76792764ba12d7db7656bea8655bef82.jpg

A Bluetongue lizard, only young and out at this time of year, leads me to believe the birds got him, because he was too slow.

Poor little lizard :( looks like a skink? 

• Like 1

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Last time I was in Balingup, I walked there from Collie with my uncle.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

This is the track to my property, 2km of this, it hasn't been graded for almost 3 years, it us due fir a controlled burn and if I needed an Ambulance..........forget about it. I wonder why I pay Shire rates at times.

So this is the only wildlife I have managed to capture and it's dead, not deadly. Looks like the kookaburras may have got it.

A Bluetongue lizard, only young and out at this time of year, leads me to believe the birds got him, because he was too slow.

These town names.  Do you live in Westeros or Lord of the Rings?

• Like 3

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

These town names.  Do you live in Westeros or Lord of the Rings?

South-west of Western Australia, most of the town names are based upon Nyungar aboriginal words. The suffix -up means water. I lived in the town of Kojonup which was based upon two Nyungar words, Kodja meaning ax and up meaning water. So basically I lived in a town named Axwater. There was a natural spring there (still is and part of a park) that was the basis of the settlement. It was a natural stopping place for those travelling between Perth and Albany.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Shepards Pie for the Lads for dinner, just finished it. I have training tonight and hopefully will get my workout done before I go.

Training is Emergency Child Birth. Can't wait, this is one of my least favourite things to watch, practice and listen to :hopelessness: I am hoping they have a new video rather than the one from the early 90's. It's just cringe worthy all round, the kid must be in his 20's by now. Imagine if he turned up as an Oprah "where are they now?" Episode :glee:

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Righto, from earlier today:

The Cube/Week 6 Explosive Bench Thursday 14.04.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching with bands, all sorts of stuff to do with shoulders and appendages. 1x10@10kg Bus Drivers,

Explosive Bench:

1x10@30kg

1x5@40kg

6x2@48.5kg (killed it!)

Close Grip Bench:

2x5@51kg (felt really tight with form and loved these today :love_heart:)

Bench with pause 1" off chest:

3x6@43.5kg (just awesome)

Laying Tricep Extensions:

4x14@7.5kg

Front/Side Raises with Band (Black)

3x12@black band (I think it is 7.5kg, need to check that, totally fried up my shoulders.)

Kroc Rows:

3x12@12.5kg (really had to work to keep form on these, far too easy to lose control and almost drop the weight on the down)

BB Bicep Curls:

3x12@25kg

OHP:

3x10@26kg

No ABS today as my brother was waiting and we needed to go into town. Right now my shoulders are hot (literally) and my upper back is getting a little tight! All in all I feel really good about this!

On other news Roly has fixed my cable machine so I can add seated rows and flies back into my routine :eagerness: !!!!!! He did however have to shorten the cable so Lat Pull Downs are still missing. Nothing we can't work on though, he looked at the now spare bar and thinks he can recycle it into a pull up bar!!! :glee:

Family dinner tonight, and Son1 is bringing out baby Boxer puppy and his new tattoo!!!!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

My Partner is turning 50 this weekend, he cancelled his party, which I don't understand but think he may have hit a social anxiety wall. His brother was going to come out and spend the weekend, but rang this morning and cancelled. So I have been watching him slide into a depressive mood. 

I think me and the Lads will throw him a little party of our own. Time to get to town and get some sparkly decorations!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Yay, finally caught up on your continued awesome! (I finally got internet again, that definitely helps. :P)

Hah, I love the thought that we live somewhere mystical and strange like Middle-Earth, when it's just western Australia xD

I'm also now super thankful whenever it rains (new water tanks, woo!) but I'm glad my driveway doesn't flood like yours!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Is that just a cool looking tatoo somebody invented or is there some symbolism or meaning relative to it?

Son1 said there some type of meaning to it, a game or something. On his other forearm he has the Valkyrie Wings, which is pretty awesome!

We had our impromptu party, cleaned up my shed and put some streamers and balloons up, had a BBQ and cake! Will try and get a couple of photos up tomorrow.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?