Forums are back in action! ×

Oh god.... the mental image here is epic. It took a second reading to realize you were talking about what we call flip flops... thongs are a much different item, that would also make you feel very unsafe in "wet bushland"... which adds to the mental image even more.

Hahahahahaa, lost in translation!

Wait! What............?

Wednesday 3.6.2015

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

5 minutes rowing

2 minutes cycling

Stretching

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@Bar

2x10@30kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@70kg

The first two working sets just were grinding. 3rd, 4th and 5th sets way better. Definitely feeling the lack of sleep holding these suckers back. Still getting less knee issues and lower back seems to be sorted. Looking forward to upping the weight next week.

Bench:

1x5@30kg legs up

1x5@35kg legs up

1x5@40kg legs up

2x5@42.5kg legs up

3x5@42.5kg flat

Alternate setted the 42.5's. Felt pretty confident at this weight. Woohoo moving on up!

Pendley Rows:

1x5@30kg

5x5@40kg

Had the bar coming to rest on my 15kg plates to lift the bar up a tad, worked better but then the bar kept trying to roll away from me. I think I have these sorted.

SuperSets:

1x10@40kg RDL

1x5@40kg Shrugs

1x10@40kg Shrugs

1x5@40kg RDL

Cool down was just stretching. Ok time to head to Bunbury and pick up my Partners Ducati from the shop, he's pretty nervous about riding it home, especially since his leg is still kinda stiff. Let's see how this goes.

Wait! What............?

Spent time today with a friend of mine that I had not seen in ages, 8 months really.

Found out she has a tumour on her spine, is going in for surgery in a couple of weeks, the kicker is, they are not sure what type of tumour, is it benign or cancerous, can they get it all out in one sitting and the best thing of all, will she walk again after they remove it. FUCK!

I am grateful for my life, family and health.

I need to lift...........argh! :( :(

Wait! What............?

I think the wait is worse than the diagnosis, that sucks... and yeah, nothing compares to that when it comes to appreciating what you do have. Hope it all works out for the best.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping and stretching and sweeping the floor of the shed, dog hair and dust........my favourite.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@Bar

2x10@30kg

2x5@50kg

5x5@72.5kg

3rd set was great, thoughts of my mate Deb and besides the tears smashed these fuckers out, knees good, back good, form good!

OHP:

1x5@22.5kg

3x5@30kg

2x5@32.5kg

Got sick of dicking around with these so upped the weight regardless, the last set was push/press but they got done. Let's just grind these down!

DL:

1x5@32.5

1x5@70kg

3x2@90kg

2x1@95kg

1x1@100kg ( fail but just had to give it a shot )

2x5@70kg

WOOT, 95 kilo Deadlift!!! :)

Didn't manager set of 5x5 but wasn't going to kill myself so broke its own into 3 sets of 2. Had enough in the tank to try the 95kg, really happy that I did. 100kg, just around the corner!

I had a break through today as to why my back may have been playing up a little while ago, my shed floor is not flat, it has a slight angle to it and depending on where I put the squat rack depends whether or not I am Square and my hips are evenly aligned when I lift, if I face out the door my right side will be lower, if I face the back of the shed my left side will be lower, which would have seen me lopsided and possibly twisting. If I face either side wall I will not have one hip lower than the other, but will be racking higher higher or lower depending on what side I am facing. Boom, problem solved. It just means I can't look at all the nature when I lift, I will have to content myself with corrugated tin walls..........a few posters of Arnie should fix that though. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping and stretching and sweeping the floor of the shed, dog hair and dust........my favourite.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@Bar

2x10@30kg

2x5@50kg

5x5@72.5kg

3rd set was great, thoughts of my mate Deb and besides the tears smashed these fuckers out, knees good, back good, form good!

OHP:

1x5@22.5kg

3x5@30kg

2x5@32.5kg

Got sick of dicking around with these so upped the weight regardless, the last set was push/press but they got done. Let's just grind these down!

DL:

1x5@32.5

1x5@70kg

3x2@90kg

2x1@95kg

1x1@100kg ( fail but just had to give it a shot )

2x5@70kg

WOOT, 95 kilo Deadlift!!! :)

Didn't manager set of 5x5 but wasn't going to kill myself so broke its own into 3 sets of 2. Had enough in the tank to try the 95kg, really happy that I did. 100kg, just around the corner!

I had a break through today as to why my back may have been playing up a little while ago, my shed floor is not flat, it has a slight angle to it and depending on where I put the squat rack depends whether or not I am Square and my hips are evenly aligned when I lift, if I face out the door my right side will be lower, if I face the back of the shed my left side will be lower, which would have seen me lopsided and possibly twisting. If I face either side wall I will not have one hip lower than the other, but will be racking higher higher or lower depending on what side I am facing. Boom, problem solved. It just means I can't look at all the nature when I lift, I will have to content myself with corrugated tin walls..........a few posters of Arnie should fix that though. :)

Awesome job... and a saw would fix it as well. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Monday

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping, goblet squats, Kettlebell swings, using a little 3kg kB.

Squats:

1x10@BW

2x10@BAR

1x10@30kg, 5 paused in the hole for 5s.

1x5@50kg

5x5@72.5kg

Bench:

1x5@32.5kg (Legs Up)

5x5@42.5kg, sets 1 and 4 were with Legs Up. Wobbly on the bench but pretty cool.

1x5@45kg

Pendley Row:

1x5@30kg

5x5@40kg sets 2 and 3 were lifted onto bread crates but it seemed a high so canned the idea.

This was a pretty good workout, but it kinda didn't feel like I was pushing myself. Hmmmm, let's see how I do by upping the weight.........

Wait! What............?

You are the best mum. No wait, the second. Sorry, my mum is always going to be the best to me :P but still. You are awesome!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping and Stretching

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@5kg

2x6@40kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@72.5kg

Made no notes in my workout log, but felt strong with these. Time to push on up to 75kg.

OHP:

1x5@25kg

3x5@32.5kg

2x5@30kg

Lowered the weight because I was needing to push press the last rep. There was also a gnarly feeling in my left delt going down between the bicep and tricep, it was totally weird.

DL:

1x5@50kg

3x2@90kg

1x1@100kg (fail)

1x2@90kg

My very last rep my grip on my left hand started failing, not due to sweat today.........hmmmmmm.

Have done the SL workout Consistantly for a couple of weeks now, just need to stay focused and keep it going. The old body is changing again, visibly losing fat in some areas, boobs mostly and upper stomach.

Just keep lifting Dory!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Oh tried to meditate a little after my workout...........my dog thought it was great I was laying in the sun in her 'spot' so she came and joined me then tried to lick all the sweat of my arms and face.......yeah I know right......ewwwwwww! Love her to bits but don't want her tongue anywhere near my face!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Sunday:

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Stage 1, Workout A, second time, skipping and stretching.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@Bar

1x5@30kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@75kg

These felt incredibly, AWESOME!!!!!

Bench:

1x5@35kg (legs up)

5x5@45kg (last set legs up)

Bent Over Row:

5x5@42.5kg

I am really happy that I increased weight for this work out. Went really, really well.

Wait! What............?

Tuesday 16.6.2015

Stronglifts:

Warm Up; skipping, stretching, just stuff.

Squats:

1x10 BW

1x10@30kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@75kg

Yeah getting that feeling in a few reps that my arse is trying to beat my legs up. Have to watch that, but I can feel it! Knock it off!!!!

OHP:

5x5@30kg

This was great today, no funny thingy with my bi-triceps. Felt really strong and really concentrated on getting the lats locked in. It worked, best sets of these I have ever done!

DL:

1x5@70kg

2x2@95kg

1x1@95kg

3x1@90kg

The second set at 95kg switched to mixed grip because my grip in my left hand is failing, weak wristed that's what I am. Fuckers.

Happy with all this and then did Workout B Stage 1 for the second time with Son6. Great cool down.

Wait! What............?

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Stage 1 Workout A/3, Skipping, Son6 tried skipping backwards, well buggar me, I could do it to.

Squats:

1x20@BW

1x10@30kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@75kg

This was pretty good, although really wasn't feeling it today, the shed door had to stay shut, it was raining and freakong cold, the whole thing was just dark and cold. I did actually time my rests for 3 minutes on the timer which was a good rest and excellent cue.

Bench:

1x5@35kg

5x5@45kg

Just smashed these out. 2 minute rest was perhaps a little long, might make it a minute and a half next time.

BOR:

5x5@42.5kg

These were strong controlled and felt amazing. 2 minutes too long for rest, gonna try 1.5 minutes next time.

Cool down was splitting some jarrah and hanging out the washing, beast mode!

Wait! What............?

3 day break after being pretty consistant with the lifting.

Can't wait we have a Scout camp and the weather forecast is rain and shitty. We are also doing service to the property which means we are rock picking! So this may actually count as a workout. Pick the rocks up and put them in the trailer. Oh I can see the potential. :)

Wait! What............?