Forums are back in action! ×

Some inspiration

Thank you, that was totally brilliant.  I would love to see a movie like that, where the main character goes through hell and back for the "love of their life" only to find out their mission was in vain, and then realize the mission had turned them into a much better person, physically and mentally tougher, and then goes off build a new life with their new found independence.  Or a book even.

Damn.  My mind is really racing now!

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

... And that is how you tell a story. (Good job, concept artist!)

Very awesome. Thx for sharing.

ps.

Thank you, that was totally brilliant.  I would love to see a movie like that, where the main character goes through hell and back for the "love of their life" only to find out their mission was in vain, and then realize the mission had turned them into a much better person, physically and mentally tougher, and then goes off build a new life with their new found independence.  Or a book even.

Damn.  My mind is really racing now!

You should check out "Stardust," it's about a guy who goes on a quest to fetch a fallen star for the girl of his dreams ... and then decides he'd rather have the star than the girl xD Of course he gets a few revelations about himself along the way, cause that's how quests work.
  • Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

... You should check out "Stardust," it's about a guy who goes on a quest to fetch a fallen star for the girl of his dreams ... and then decides he'd rather have the star than the girl xD Of course he gets a few revelations about himself along the way, cause that's how quests work.

Stardust is actually a favorite movie of mine.  Especially DeNiro's portrayal of Captain Shakespeare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GZRClDvSY

Could only find the clip in German unfortunately.

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager