Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there fellow nerds,

Almost three years ago (May 2012) I was seriously injured and could barely walk. I spent 6 months lying in my bed, which was followed by painful and slow rehabilitation that took another year an a half.

What happened? It was a disc protrusion in my lower back (L5-S1) with a tear in the disc. Which means, my disc leaked out, causing inflammation and mild nerve damage on the left side. Excruciating pain that I'd never experience before.

How did it happen? I'm still not sure. Before the injury I was a fit and healthy individual, with a slight addiction to working out. So probably previous injuries + lifting more weight than I should caused my back to crash. After 2 weeks of back pains and slight tingling in my left leg, one morning I woke up, drank my coffee, and as I was about to put my cup in the sink, I passed out. To cut a long story short, the doctors in the ER explained to me that I experience the vasovagal response that prevented me from feeling the actual pain of my disc crushing.

After numerous MRIs, physiotherapists and athletic therapists, I found my way out. This experience made me appreciate what I have, and strive to alway be the best version of myself. Daily workout is a way of life for me now. The right exercises, healthy nutrition, and self-discipline keep me healthy, fit, and happy. I'm always happy to share my knowledge and life experience and always looking to learn more.

Cheers

Glad to hear you've bounced back, had a bit of a spinal injury myself. I was lucky enough to still retain the majority of my motor function/avoid rehab but being able to walk sans feeling in the legs was an interesting experience. If I see the inside of another MRI machine it'll be too soon.

I'm new as well, but welcome. :)

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2