Forums are back in action! ×

Camping in my own spawn

If I'm honest with myself, I've been camping in my own spawn point since the end of summer. I finished a paid exercise program (online) and thought it would be no big deal to keep it going.

My daily workouts slowly dwindled down to 4, then 3, then 2. I told myself I was still in the game, but now it was time to focus more on my business. Soon I was working all the time, but not working out. I joined a gym, and made it 2 days a week... I missed 2 full weeks just now because I was 'too busy with work'. Yeah, that isn't shifting focus, it's shafting my own health.

So I've basically been lying to myself since the end of summer, and it's time to actually respawn and start building my character again. At the very least, start a bloody mission!

I've taken today off client work to get back into my own self, and been reading the blog. I am going to be selfish about my workouts this month - they are scheduled in, and they are a priority. I felt SO GOOD working out regularly, and I want that back. My usual routine is strength training 3x/week, 2 HIIT sessions and then some yoga - I may add walking and/or swimming to this, since I'm a web designer and spend all day sitting. I can swim to Mordor, right?

I actually had a little cry reading the blog this morning, because it hit home how far removed I've become from my full self this past while. It's one thing to focus on building a business, but a whole other thing to neglect all the other aspects of life that bring me joy, and that are essential parts of who I am. I need to re-think how my business works, because I don't like being crushingly busy all the time; I need time for my body, for my hobbies, for my friends and family, for myself.

I'm jumping back in to the Academy as of today (so glad I joined last year - even though I pretty much left it, I'm so happy it's here for me now)

Tallfellow Halfling Warrior, Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Quest 1  Battle Log

Strength train 3x/week (14/18 workouts, 1 w/o = 5.5%)

77%
77%

Eat slowly to 80% (34/42 days, day = 2.4%)

81.6%
81.6%

10 strict pushups (achieved!)

100%
100%