Forums are back in action! ×

Need a name for my company.

Alright, everyone, I need some help. I'm starting a concert production company. My goal (years and years down the road, of course) is to organize and promote a MASSIVE three-day rock music festival/convention in Salt Lake City (like Download Festival or Lollapalooza -- but with workshops, meet-and-greets, various contests, and even fitness competitions, the whole 999 yards). The demand for such an event like that here in Utah is certainly there, and I want to be the one to bring it here. :)

I plan on starting small, obviously, and have a small benefit show planned for next month at a local high school.

I just don't know what to call my company.

I know the business part is more important than the name, and getting experience as a concert producer certainly come first right now, but a name for company is something I've been trying to think of for months now. I'm just stuck. I thought about naming it after a song -- Celebration Day Productions, after the Led Zeppelin song, is one I was leaning towards for awhile, but it doesn't invoke the feeling or sense of progress and moving forward that I'm after. I want a name that invokes excitement, almost a Nerd Fitness "level up your life" kinda feel without ripping anyone off. (I didn't get that idea from NF, that's just the kind of vibe I'm looking for.)

All the entrepreneurs out there, do you have ideas on how to come up with a name? I want this company to branch into film production someday too, so I feel stuck here. How did you come up with a name for your company, or if you had a company like this, how would you name it? Any advice and comments are welcome. :)

But really, at the end of the day, once this concert thing takes off to where I can make a decent living off of it, I'm quitting my job. I don't want to work for someone else anymore.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

If you plan on exclusively working in the Salt Lake City area, I would try and pick a name of local significance.  It could go a long way in establishing yourself in the community.  I literally know nothing about SLC though, so that is probably as far as that advice goes.

Current Challenge - ßean limps into the Assassins Guild Daily Battle Log - ßean's Daily Grind No Soda Challenge: 365 Days | Current: 175 Days (Updated 07/19/15)

47.95%
47.95%

Thrillho, those are all great :)

And yeah, I do plan on working mostly around this area. I would like to do some concerts in other states sporadically, but generally I would like to stick in and around SLC. I did think of Lakeside Concert Promotions, but I don't really like it too much, and I also thought of Saltwater Heart Productions (named after a song by Switchfoot, and it works for this area for obvious reasons even though it's about the ocean), and I like that one, but I don't want people to think we're based somewhere near the beach.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

From reading your first post, I'd go with something like "Unlimited Productions" or "Productions, Unlimited".  

If you plan on exclusively working in the Salt Lake City area, I would try and pick a name of local significance.  It could go a long way in establishing yourself in the community.  I literally know nothing about SLC though, so that is probably as far as that advice goes.

Or, this is very good advice as well.  Establishing a connection with the locals there could go a long way to helping your business as well.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™