Forums are back in action! ×

Where to begin...

Well I just turned 45 (Jan 30), am unhappily overweight, unhappily single, unhappily unhappy...do you see a theme forming?

I remember a time when I could run all day; even as the biggest kid on the team I was still a midfielder. I remember canoing all day long over summers at my grandparents, or just exploring the forest behind my grandfather's house for hours on end. I used to do martial arts  6 days a week. I used to ride my bicycle as my main mode of transport, and 20 miles was not an issue (closest gaming store to my house).

Now, I hate the way I am. I couldn't jog to my mailbox without someone calling paramedics. I feel fat, unattractive, and useless. I try to get up and be creative, but the energy and motivation are just not there.

My mother, after listening to me compalin about work the other day (at which I am, say it with me, unhappy) told me she was tired of listening to me and wished I was back to the happy, fun, excited  person I was before. After my misery was confirmed, or at least my complaining about being the un-word was confirmed, by one of my best friends, I decided to do something about it. 

Said best friend (hi illuvi) pointed this nerd fitness thing out to me. As a longtime RPGer, this might just access whatever bit of my psyche I need to suceed at this try to make a better life thing. I am going to be a long time adventurer, as what I want to do covers EVERTHING that nerdfitness encapsulates. I want to make it work. Hell I need to make it work. And If I have to roleplay myself into who I want to be, so be it.

After all, if I can survive dragons....

• Like 1

Yul- Level 0 Werebear Fallen Jedi

"Screw the lightsaber, look out for the teeth!"

Hi, you. It's good to see you here, and I'm glad my web-wandering resulted in a thing that could be of use to both of us at a good time.

As the Poppins would say, "In everything that must be done, there is an element of fun." I think this could be just the spoonful of wild honey and bee pollen that will make the medicine ball go 'round a bit sweeter. Or something like that. It's much more fun to play a game with friends, and there's nobody else I'd rather have in my party on this adventure.

By th way, the youngest (Gamma Quaternicus, to put him in the naming convention of his older sibs) is playing along at home and wants you to know he's a Hobbit adventurer named Bonobo Baggins. I don't know if Mr Stonn the Dunedan is interested in participating in social fitness, but he is keeping up with his knees-up, running-about behavior, even through the winter. At night. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. (Srsly.)

• Like 1

lvl 0 Daoine Sidhe(Cave Elf) Recruit
Druid/Assassins take pruning *very* seriously.

"I'm not a bat, but I know things." - Tansy, Symbiont by Mira Grant

Battle log * Recruit Challenge

Welcome!  Let's here it for more RPG'ers who want to get better at this life thing!

It's been working for me.  Your youth sounds somewhat like mine, albeit a little less addled.  Plenty to be learned here and only requires a little commitment at a time, really just one second one minute one hour one day at a time :)

You'll find me in the assassins guild.... we do it all over there.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge