Forums are back in action! ×

Probably only a minor woot to most but big to me

Today I was taught by the lovely trainer in my gym how to do barbell squats and deadlifts. A few months ago when I wandered in with a NF rebel training guide he showed me how to do bodyweight squats and he was super excited to see me getting into real weightlifting. He said it was wonderful that I wasn't believing all the crap about it being inadvisable or wrong for women to lift.

NOT ONLY did I manage to learn how to do everything quickly but he said my form was damn near perfect! I'm gonna practice with the bar for a week or so to get that form ingrained (the bar on it's own weighs 20kg which is a quarter of my bodyweight OMG!) before stacking up those weights and progressing!

I have to say that I'm super excited and I just know that this is gonna make the weight loss journey for my wedding next year so much easier and is going to make me a better rock climber so fast!

So, perhaps in the terms of the awesomeness of everyone else here this might just be a little woot, but for me it's a big one! WOOT!

They/them please

I really believe that women have an advantage in complex movement because they tend to have better flexibility. I wish that more women would recognize their natural gifts and use that to blow more men out of the water more often. I was really surprised when the stats came out last decade that women graduate from college, score higher on the SATs than their male counterparts. Shows you what you get when you break through social dogma. Achievement is a function of grit/determination and hard work. You make your own destiny.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance