Forums are back in action! ×

Two-plate clean

So, yesterday I was having a rather bad session after being in twice over the last two weeks because of sickness and then travel. Failed squats, failed to get my reps for my cleans at 205. 

But, I was doing my cleans next to the local pint-size power lifters, a guy and the girl he's training (he weighs around a buck thirty and pulls over 430), and they were deadlifting high volume day. I was super frustrated with my cleans, and she was having trouble getting to the end of her ridiculous number of 225s, in between her sets I was failing my 205 cleans. I just couldn't get in the groove and time it right. But I kept looking at the bar with 2 plates, and I wanted to give it a try.

So, with some encouragement, I decided to just throw the damn thing up. And wonder of wonders, I got it up with very little trouble. It was a nice feeling, especially at the end of a bad session. 

• Like 3

Nice job! Sometimes when I'm warming up on lower-weight deads I get that feeling to just toss it up.  Sometimes I impress myself, sometimes I'm glad no one's paying attention to me at the gym.  But yours is an impressive amount of weight, glad you could end your session on that!

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge