Forums are back in action! ×

My Wrestling Tryout

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

Good luck! Above all else, have fun.

Definitely. I'm a bit concerned because I know part of the tryout is taking "back bumps" and I haven't done this before really except a few times. The tryout is for acceptance into training. Forgot to mention that.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :D

Guest Snake McClain

Sweet, have fun! Do you want to be a face or a heel?

I want to start face then go heel. Ultimately probably just a tweener. I'd prefer to be bad I guess if i had to choose. I have my angle worked out if i can get into an indie promotion and get them to let me do it. It would be me starting off total face and then losing like...30 matches in a row because i get cheated or the ref doesnt see my foot on the rope or its just a really close match> then on my final good guy night the opponent gets a weapon and busts my eye open. i bleed blah blah blah, and then i flip my $#!% and beat up the ref. then the owner or whoever comes out and i beat him up and cut a promo turning me heel. From then on i'm a bad guy with an eye patch.

Guest Snake McClain

You've totally got this. Your dedication is outstanding. You're a machine. Own this

I will say i am a bit nervous just because he said "you're going to do a lot of push ups and squats and jumping jacks" not worried about it except the push ups. I can do about 15-20 every fifteen minutes for about 2 hours or so. straight out only about 30 straight through so I am hoping it isn't like a terrible "do 50 pushups right now"...but i've seen some of the people that have graduated and i know i am in better shape than they are. So i'm not THAT worried. just curious what he means.

The toughest part will be learning the back bumps. (falling backwards).

But you're right. i know I've got this. I've already got my new long faux hawk and goatee combo ready. i'm going to look serious. I'm going to try and get a fast killer work out in tonight to be rested up for sunday.

Thanks for all the support. you guys are fantastic.

Good Luck-go get em Bruce! Lemme know how it goes!

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart

Guest Snake McClain

Picture of said combo required. =P

I will post one soon. maybe today after my wrestling tryout. I'll see if i can get the instructor to take an in ring picture for me but i don't have my hopes up for that one. lol

Guest Snake McClain

Wait so if you make this tryout, are you basically a part of the WWE? This sounds really interesting, it would be pretty sweet to be a WWE wrestler!

NO NO! lol. If i make this i am in pro wrestling training. at a school that is not offiliated to the WWE. But the trainer DOES have connections with the WWE but he has said none of his students have ever been good enough to go there. It's a pretty tough sport/business.

By the way I got accepted. Training starts in january. So i'll be spending the next couple months getting in super good shape and conditioning. I will be adding a new thread to the WOOT ROOM!

Guest Snake McClain

Awesome! Congratulations! I'm happy you passed the first hurdle.

You should also spend the time studying tapes, not just "What did Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels/Mitsuharu Misawa do?", but "Why did they do it?"

Oh yeah. Definitely do that already but will do a lot more of it. He even requires it as part of his training. He will send emails and video links telling me to watch how they do this headlock or whatever he is on at this time.

Woo hoo! Congrats Bruce!

Thanks a ton!