Forums are back in action! ×

Returning... sort of

Hello, rebellion!

So I've been a lurker on the NerdFitness forums for a couple years now, and I even had an account at one point.  However, while looking through the Terms and Conditions more closely, I found the clause that states that you have to be 18+ to post on the site.  At the time I was only 16, so I stopped posting and just read the emails that got sent out.  I'm 18 now, almost 19, so I figured I'd start a new account and start fresh.  The reason I started a new acccount instead of using the old one is because the old one seemed really misdirected, and I've changed my fitness goals a lot since then.

So, a bit more about me.  To start, I'm an 18-year-old college guy.  I've always been more than a bit scrawny, although the past few years have changed that.  For a while I focused more on distance running, but I realized that I want to pack on a bit more weight first.  I'm about 5'6" and I only weigh 130 if I've had a good meal.  I've started going to my college's rec center with my roommate to do weight training, so I'm on the right track (from what I've read so far), and now it's just a matter of motivation and support.

I've seen how welcoming you guys can be, so I'm glad to make it back.  It feels good to be part of the rebellion again.

• Like 1

Level 1 Elf Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 1 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1

Current quest

“But weakness can imitate strength if bound properly, just as cowardice can imitate heroism if given nowhere to flee.† - Dalinar Kholin, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

"A man's emotions are what define him, and control is the hallmark of true strength.  To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child."  - Dalinar Kholin, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Welcome Back!

Great to see you back here after two years. That speaks a lot about your commitment to your health. WIN!

We just finished a 6 wk challenge so your timing is good. There's this week with no challenge and we start up again on Monday, the 23rd. So, if you're interested, head over to the Recruit challenge thread, here, and check out what folks have been doing. It might be cool to read up on how folks did, might help you sharpen your goals to the most important ones right now. If you have any questions, definitely ask the Recruits Guild Leader Blaidd. She awesome and can answer a bunch of questions and head you in good directions to find stuff for yourself. enter the Juice Bar and get caught up on the latest chatter for the recruits. MOstly have funa nd work hard for yourself. We're here for you.

Again, welcome. we are so happy to have you with us!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Thanks for the welcome!  I think I have goals figured out for the 6-week challenge, so at least I'm doing something to figure out long-term goals.  They're not very concrete at the moment, but I want to figure out what's realistic and what isn't.  Hopefully I'll work those out in time.

Level 1 Elf Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 1 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1

Current quest

“But weakness can imitate strength if bound properly, just as cowardice can imitate heroism if given nowhere to flee.† - Dalinar Kholin, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

"A man's emotions are what define him, and control is the hallmark of true strength.  To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child."  - Dalinar Kholin, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson