Forums are back in action! ×

Restart: >Yes? No?

ARGH! I'm not sure why I keep doing this.  I always do well when I'm here and have some sort of support network thingy going on.  I've lost a total of 30 lbs from my highest weight but I need to lose more.  

I had a doctors appointment the other day and my blood pressure is finally under control.  I've been cutting out sodium like crazy and now consume an acceptable amount...if I'm careful.  The problem is I'm on campus 5 days a week and work one day.  I had a routine down at the beginning of the semester so that I had meals packed and ready for the week but I've let it slide away and now I'm eating whatever is convenient...and that doesn't make it healthy.  

Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on campus from 8 am to 830 pm.  Tuesdays are rough because I have classes all day with minimal breaks in between to get food so again...convenience over takes healthfulness.  Thursdays I can take my time because I have fewer classes and larger breaks.  The other three days my classes end at lunch time.  

I've set a few goals for myself here:

1. a)Pack Lunches 5 days a week.  This will minimize the amount of "bad" food that I consume.  I can eat what is in my lunch box.  The five days will be monday, wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday (the one day I work).

b)PREP AHEAD! This was like an auto save feature in my diet.  I didn't have to worry about what to eat because I had the food

already made!

2. Find new places/foods to eat on campus for days that I'm there all day.  There are options but it's hard to find things that I can watch calories as well as sodium content.

3. Go to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week.  Before moving I was going 4-5 times a week before/after work.  Once we moved I stopped going.  I'm not thrilled with the gym I have a membership at because...well it's a chain gym.  I really liked the atmosphere at the one I was a member at before.  Friendly staff and members.  This one is more affordable so that's a plus.  

4.  Stop making excuses.  I keep finding myself making excuses:  "its been a long day I don't care!"  "They don't have anything I want!"  "I haven't felt well so I'm not cooking"  "One won't make a difference" (5 might though) lol.  

Basically I just need to suck it up and get back on track.  

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.