Forums are back in action! ×

Question re: pull-ups/Angry Bird workout

I am starting the Angry Bird work out - did ok for my first session, except I felt some pretty intense right shoulder pain doing push-ups as well as the plank. No pain at all doing the one-armed row - just push-up and plank.

Are there any alternatives I can do?

First Angry Bird workout:

Squats: did 30!!! ((I was so excited about this one)) - I'll have to increase these.

Knee push-ups wimpy :( Could only do 11 until my right shoulder started screaming at me.

1-armed rows: 15 with each arm, 5 pound weight

plank - 34 seconds - again, right shoulder started screaming, but I was pleased w/ 34 seconds.

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

do wall push ups or incline push up until your shoulder is stronger-

I had that problem too at the begining . The rows helped build my strength, and now my shoulder doesn't hurt.

Also try and stay away from foods that cause inflammation such as sugar.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Another thought...

Do you do planks in push up position or on your forearms? Doing them on your forearms is less stress on your shoulder and better for your core anyway.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I used to do them in full push-up position, but have switched to forearms. Hurts less, but dayum! my right shoulder starts howling at me quickly :( Maybe I just need to push throughit.

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.