Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

First of all excuse my grammer as English is not my first language. I'll try to keep the grammar as accurate as possible! (when autocorrect isn't making me look like a fool!)

My name is Mariska and 30 years old. Living in the Netherlands and started two weeks ago at the gym in town. First time ever. Gladly I am not alone, my boyfriend and I can work out together! So we are working on a beginners schedule. But the more I read up the more I learn and I think we should review this schedule after reading up on nerdfitness. We'll see, there is so much to read up on and learn as newbies :o

Especially with the different goals my boyfriend have. He wants to lose weight (about 30kg), then gain strength and muscles, I want to gain some weight (about 5 kg minimal) but also lower my bodyfatpercentage (now at +\- 25% I think) and power up next!

So yeah, I'm reading a lot about how to acomplisch my goals and any advice is more then welcome! Hopefully we are finding our way fast and see our body's change voor the better!

With love,

Mariska

• Like 5

~~  Level 2 Assassin ~~

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 4

Let's Gain some! My first challenge > Completed!

Some things about me: My Pinterest

Welcome Mariska, happy you found us and joined!!

Don't let the massive amount of information out there overwhelm you.  Different goals should not prove to be too much of an issue as there are many different things you two can work on while at the gym.  

Goal setting and planning how to reach those goals can be one of the most important lessons, I would recommend figuring out what goals you want to achieve first (no matter how big or how small).  This will give you a little more focus on what to research and what questions you have.  that leads to the main point, always feel free to ask any and all questions here, there are alot of people with a ton of knowledge willing to help in any way they can.

Again, welcome.  I personally look forward to seeing your future success!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Thank you both! I will look into the website, thanks Jmitch!

What a warm welcome mitch_dee! I think my mail goal is gaining 5kg but I would love to do it without extra bodyfat (on my belly). So reading up on what to eat and how many calories combined with my work outs. Love to start with some strength or bodyweight routines but unsure what the right thing to do is, since I've started three weeks ago with our beginners schedule from the local gym. I'm in doubt of the many machines we are using and if 10 mins on the crosstrainer (warming up) and 3x400m on the row machine after some leg and back machines (sorry don't know if thats the right name for it in English)...

I don't want to be a 'know it all' after 3 weeks and ask for a different schedule already but after reading several articels, blogs and topics I am in doubt.. But maybe I should read more about it and eventuallly open a new topic about this :D

• Like 1

~~  Level 2 Assassin ~~

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 4

Let's Gain some! My first challenge > Completed!

Some things about me: My Pinterest