Forums are back in action! ×

I've been mooching around NF for a few years now, getting myself on track, then falling back in to old ways spectacularly at each attempt. This time, however, it feels different...

I hit restart on January 5th after a bad few months; as usual I did great for a few weeks and then life interfered (getting sick, work crap, etc., etc.) and knocked me out cold. Same old same, except this time it has only been for 2 weeks, yet I'm ready to get back in to battle. This is a big turning point for me as I usually take a hit, think "f*uck it" and lose myself in food and depression for months on end until I wake up one day hating myself so much that some part of me musters up enough concern to try and save myself. Again.

This time I can see it for what it is - life occurred - but it doesn't need to define me because it side-lined me for a few days and I retreated to old habits (I'm 30, food has been hard wired as my comfort blanket and defence since I was a child, at the moment it's only natural I find it so easy to turn back to it). 

I'm a member at the Women's Academy (uncarvedblock) and to be honest have never given it my 100%, so this is my public vow to now start giving it my all; not just my health and the Academy, but life in general - I'm sick of this rut and basically not living, whilst life and everyone around me passes me by.

Good luck to everyone else out there fighting on. I'm out to crush the monsters in my dungeon, but hope to meet you guys when I one day hit multiplayer mode.

• Like 1

Preach it, sister. That is my life. I start, I stop, I circle back around to where I started and repeat process. Lather rinse repeat. I tried January 5th challenge and. . .got nowhere. I'm not even certain I got my figurative shoes laced up, let alone out the door. I lack consistency, but I figure if I keep trying, eventually it has to stick, right? Right?

I'm thinking about joining the Academy for additional resources. I'm just afraid of putting out that $99 and then letting it go to waste. I don't have a great track record with that kind of thing (e.g. buying into DietBets and then not participating, getting gym memberships and not going for months).

I look forward hearing your updates about how you are just absolutely kicking ass in the Academy. Good luck!

• Like 1

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/