Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

My name is Camille, a college student on the verge of graduating and being dumped into the real world. For the majority of my life I have been overweight and for a couple of years now I have been dieting and exercising with nothing to show for it. I've always thought that maybe if I lost weight I would be pretty or I would feel better about my future. That isn't a healthy mindset and I'm starting to figure that out. 

I had to sit myself down and think about my family and how they see me. Of course they would never tell me I looked bad and I know they love me for who I am. I have 13 nephews and nieces and that's when it hit me. I need to be a good example to the little ones in my family. I want to be someone they look up to and how can I be that person if I cannot be someone worth looking up to? 

For years people have looked up to heroes whether it be Superman or the firefighter at the local fire station. I like the idea of a hero being normal but being able to kick major booty like Batman and Green Arrow. Of course, I'm not a billionaire but I want to be that strong female character who doesn't have any powers but can still kick some major booty.

I call myself a nerd. I like TV shows like Arrow, Smallville, The Walking Dead, and Once Upon a Time. All of them have strong female characters that I wish I could be. 

Welcome, Camille! I know exactly what you mean about dieting and exercising with no results. I'm still in that place, too, but I think that should change soon. Because of the NerdFitness community, I have learned a tremendous amount about the science behind how our bodies work, especially why weightlifting or high intensity interval training works better than cardio for losing weight, and why low-carb diets work a lot better than just cutting calories. The best part about NF is the positive community who push each other to keep going. Hope you enjoy it here! :3

• Like 1