Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone,

Randomly stumbled across this site last night, I have no idea where but have been pouring over the content since. I think I'm going to like it here.

Always a larger lad I was still quite active in sports, an unfortunate spinal injury saw me sidelined and no longer able to participate. My weight ballooned up to 150kg/330lbs from 120kg/264lbs at 5ft8/173cm due to poor dietary choices, lack of activity and insomnia.

A number of years later with various haphazard approaches I've dropped down to a healthier 98kg at 19% bodyfat (DEXA scan). The majority of decent recomposition has occured in the last 18 months, started with Strong Lifts and now focus on compound movements with ancillary exercises and cardio thrown in.

Goals to achieve,

• Low 90s in kgs at 12-14% bodyfat.
  • Increase lifts (2 x BW squat, 2 x BW deadlift, 1.5 x BW bench)
  • Increase flexibility (it's terrible trust me)

Pondering mixing up my training and stepping out of the solo 24/7 gym experience, tossing up between a powerlifting and more traditional weight/olympic lifting gym both thankfully in easy travel distance of my place.

In terms of nerdiness, name it and I'm probably into it. The insomnia left me with me alot of spare time!

Anyone else from Australia around these parts? Happy to talk to anyone really, just curious. :)

• Like 1

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2

Welcome to the Rebellion!

This is a great community. People from all over!

Looks like you are off to a great start. I see Warrior in your future. For now join us in the recruits for the next challenge.

This link should get you started. The new challenge starts 2/23 but the new threads should be up soon.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/

If you have any questions let me know! Or if you just talk. I am not to power lifting ( yet) but I have a lot of Warrior friends.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge