Forums are back in action! ×

Cap's call to adventure

Hi; I've been lurking around the site for at least a year now, and finally decided to join.

A lot of big, scary things are happening in my life right now, and I've spent the last few months playing dead like a scared, stunned possum. I'd like to get back to feeling at least like a scrappy, capable possum. I've finally stuck with the same workout for a whole month, and am starting to feel the improvements, physically and otherwise. I'm hoping that keeping track of it here will help me stay on track this time.

I used to run & walk long distances almost every day, but my living situation has changed and I don't do that so much now. I've been doing a lot of body weight/ equipment free exercises from home. I'd like to build up strength, agility, and endurance, and regain the little flexibility I had when I danced.

I was thinking of getting all my ducks in a row to join the next six week challenge; I've never been good at forums but the NF way of doing things looks really engaging. If I were to join a challenge, should I start in the recruits forum? I'm still a little lost here.

Also I can't wait to get to know some people and eventually join a guild!

• Like 3

lvl 0 half-nymph

recruit

1st challenge!

[One's body] is the greatest gift of order and power humans receive from the universe --from Three Parts Dead, Max Gladstone

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Sounds like you are off to a good start! We will make you into a honey badger!

You are correct that you would post your first 6 week challenge in the recruit thread. This lets you focus on your goals and what works for you before going to a guild. This should answer all your questions

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/

Please feel free to ask me anything. That is what we are here for!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Congrats on getting started. I've found that - for me, at least - fitness and healthy eating are more about momentum than anything else. This community has made it easy and fun for me to build that momentum, and to stay excited about my goals. I hope you find the same thing.

Archer | Fencer | Painter | DM

A call to adventure...

Level 3 Ranger - Current Challenge [2] [1]

STR: 7   |   DEX: 8   |   STA: 7   |   CON: 10   |   WIS: 2   |   CHA: 3

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Sounds like you are off to a good start! We will make you into a honey badger!

You are correct that you would post your first 6 week challenge in the recruit thread. This lets you focus on your goals and what works for you before going to a guild. This should answer all your questions

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/

Please feel free to ask me anything. That is what we are here for!

Ha! Thank you for the honey badger video. Always a good source of inspiration. Also thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Trying to get a handle on every forum thing ever, all at once, was probably not the best idea. I will pop back in after I've poked around in the forums some more.

Congrats on getting started. I've found that - for me, at least - fitness and healthy eating are more about momentum than anything else. This community has made it easy and fun for me to build that momentum, and to stay excited about my goals. I hope you find the same thing.

Thank you for your reply! I think you are right about the momentum. At first it was just, "get through your workout like you said you would" and now it's "I bet I could add five more reps to each set". Or "Just remember to eat like you're supposed to," and now i'm working on weekly meal planning. And NF has already helped me reorient how I'm think about my goals.

We all get to be excited together!

lvl 0 half-nymph

recruit

1st challenge!

[One's body] is the greatest gift of order and power humans receive from the universe --from Three Parts Dead, Max Gladstone